CV question!

CV question!
« on: January 22, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »

The Sequential product page says "-10v to +10v voltage range" for CV ins/outs. But the manual says "The Pro 3’s CV outputs have a range of 0 to 10v" with the ability to offset for +/-5V. Does this mean that there is a total 10V range that can be offset to be either -10 to 0, 0 to 10v, +/-5V, etc.? Or does the CV in respond to -10v to +10v for a 20v range?

Re: CV question!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 07:26:38 PM »
That's a typo in the manual. I'll let our technical writer know.

The range for the CV outputs is -10V to +10V. There are offsets available in the Globals menu for each of the 4 CV outs, which allow you to tweak a few volts in either direction. There are also globals for Scale for each CV out. The Offset and Scale adjustments are useful for fine tuning V/Oct accuracy, and are typically set once and then left alone.

The CV inputs are scaled to work best with +/-5V signals. There is protection for higher voltages, but you won't get much usable range with larger signals. There are also Offset and Scale adjustments in the globals for the 4 CV ins.

The Gate Out provides a +10V signal, and follows the keyboard and/or track 1 of the sequencer.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »
That's a typo in the manual. I'll let our technical writer know.

The range for the CV outputs is -10V to +10V. There are offsets available in the Globals menu for each of the 4 CV outs, which allow you to tweak a few volts in either direction. There are also globals for Scale for each CV out. The Offset and Scale adjustments are useful for fine tuning V/Oct accuracy, and are typically set once and then left alone.

The CV inputs are scaled to work best with +/-5V signals. There is protection for higher voltages, but you won't get much usable range with larger signals. There are also Offset and Scale adjustments in the globals for the 4 CV ins.

The Gate Out provides a +10V signal, and follows the keyboard and/or track 1 of the sequencer.

That all makes sense now. Thanks for explaining!

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 06:53:06 AM »
Just got my pro 3 today. and updated to the latest firmware.  the gate output seems to be 5volts not 10.  was it 10 in older firmwares? or am i missing something?