Open question to Prophet X/XL owners about Pro3

Nokki

Open question to Prophet X/XL owners about Pro3
« on: January 22, 2020, 08:23:49 AM »
As Owners of Prophet X/XL will you be getting the Pro 3 as well or not and why?

I am personally interested in your opinions if you think the Prophet X/XL covers enough of the Pro3 or if it adds enough new to get it as well.

In this video (Time: 14:35 ) Dave states that there will be another release this year in a few months:

He also states that the next release won't be as complicated of a release as the Pro3 whatever that means in practice all we can do is guess.

Personally I would like to see a Tempest 2.0 but based on the comment that is will be less complicated than Pro3 I highly doubt it...

As always much love to this community :)

LoboLives

Re: Open question to Prophet X/XL owners about Pro3
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:59:56 PM »
I look at the Pro 3 as the ultimate backing track instrument. Drones, sequences, textures etc while you have another synth/instrument as the lead.

I actually like the idea of the Pro 3 laying on top of a Crumar Seven Stage Piano.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 12:28:58 AM »
I am definitely interested in getting a Pro 3 to sit next to my Prophet X. Same reason I eventually did go for a Drumbrute + several stomp boxes: I don't like using the P X for "bread and butter" synth (percussion) sounds, feels a bit like a waste. The P X is a wonderful instrument to blend samples and "natural" sounding instrument and real world sounds with synthesizer voices, filters and effects. Something I already tried to do on my old trusted Akai S5000 years ago. Recently I added some church organ samples to my Prophet X user library. They sound truly amazing, especially putting them through the stereo filters and modulating the loop point and start / end using an envelope or an LFO.

I will use the Pro 3 as another voice(s) and new ways designing sounds to include in my tracks. Although the P X does have a whole set of single cycle wave forms, it doesn't provide the wave morphing capabilities of the Hydrasynth (which I do have on order) and the Pro 3.

I do want to see later this year if Dave and his team will also bring out a Pro 3 desktop, as I don't have space in my studio for another keyboard. Seeing the videos and photos online, both Pro 3 keyboard editions look stunning. I will ask my favorite shop in the Netherlands to setup a demo for me so I can try out the Pro 3 in the next months.

Just keep in mind that I want to play / compose DAWless, I use my DAW only to record and mix/master the recording.

Last but not least: the Pro 3 is a Sequential product - it would be my first "Pro" flagship mono instrument from Dave's team. So I got to have it of course ;-). I will create the space in my studio somehow regardless.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

drxcm

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 01:43:10 PM »
Don’t see much crossover honestly.
I own a PX and won’t be getting a Pro3. Only because I already have a bunch of great analog monosynths and module and wouldn’t get much extra out of it.

If I were looking for a great mono these days, the Pro3 would probably be top of my list.