Issue with P6 Desktop receiving strange MIDI data from controller

I've got an issue with a Prophet 6 Desktop being MIDI controlled by a Moog Matriarch. 

I've made a video to demonstrate the situation, but the P6 is receiving some weird MIDI data which is freaking it out.  The patch parameters change quite dramatically by simple playing, and controller data such as mod when or after pressure freaks it out quite rapidly.

I can control other synths with the Matriarch perfectly, and likewise I can control the prophet with other controllers perfectly..  But the Matriarch and P6 don't play together well.

One DIN MIDI cable, no interface boxes between the two synths, channel 1, no loop.  Single cable for troubleshooting ease.

Any thoughts?

Here is the video.  Thank you.

https://youtu.be/PciTan6Sq8c
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:51:31 AM by station2station »
Oberheim TVS 1a | Antonus 2600 | Sequential Prophet 10 | DSI Tempest | Roland RD-2000 | Martin 000-28 Modern Deluxe

Re: Issue with P6 Desktop receiving strange MIDI data from controller
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 11:11:06 AM »
Have you tried turning off parameter receiving on the Prophet, or switching it to CC or NRPN?

I don’t know anything about the Matriarch (Other than that I’d love to have one) so I don’t know why it would be a problem.

Re: Issue with P6 Desktop receiving strange MIDI data from controller
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 12:02:47 PM »
Have you tried turning off parameter receiving on the Prophet, or switching it to CC or NRPN?

Good call!  That corrected the problem but it removes my ability to use the left-hand-controls.  So it's a start, and gives me something to think about as I continue troubleshooting.

I need to maybe look at the Matriarch side.  Because it's a semi-modular synth with all sorts of LFO's and bits and pieces modulating and panning, I think it's sending those instances over MIDI as well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:08:52 PM by station2station »
Oberheim TVS 1a | Antonus 2600 | Sequential Prophet 10 | DSI Tempest | Roland RD-2000 | Martin 000-28 Modern Deluxe