Going back one step in the sequencer

joesh

Going back one step in the sequencer
« on: January 18, 2020, 05:23:42 AM »
Hi, I've had my Rev2 since it came out and still have a small problem with the sequencer (poly). If you start writing a sequence, then test it and discover that the last step is too much/not good, how do I clear this?

I often find myself working on something and tweaking the sequence by one extra note, only to discover it's not a good idea. If you just add a rest, the rest stays. But, I'd like to go back to my original idea - not unlike the 'undo - z' command on a computer, if you see what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Going back one step in the sequencer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 02:17:06 AM »
I asked the same question with a bunch of other questions to Sequential Support:

"Suppose I want to record a sequence of 16 steps and accidentally record a note on step 17 - is there a way to trim the recorded sequence after that or do I have to completely re-record the sequence?"

Sequential's answer was friendly but couldn't really help me:

"You should already be able to edit the sequence after it has been recorded. Check the manual on page 42 for more details."

I am assuming that it is not possible to subsequently shorten a recorded sequence.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 12:35:40 PM »
I asked the same question with a bunch of other questions to Sequential Support:

"Suppose I want to record a sequence of 16 steps and accidentally record a note on step 17 - is there a way to trim the recorded sequence after that or do I have to completely re-record the sequence?"

Sequential's answer was friendly but couldn't really help me:

"You should already be able to edit the sequence after it has been recorded. Check the manual on page 42 for more details."

I am assuming that it is not possible to subsequently shorten a recorded sequence.

If the poly sequencer is similar to the Prophet X's. Turn the BPM dial and at the bottom of the screen it should give you the options for ARP and SEQ and if you select SEQ you can determine the number of steps in the sequencer after you record notes. I've done it many times on the PX. Not sure if the REV 2 is similar.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:08:51 PM »
You can set a step to Rest for a note but I don't think there's a way to change the number of steps for a sequence. You can, however, do that in the gated sequencer.