Paraphonic cv-out?

Paraphonic cv-out?
« on: January 17, 2020, 05:31:47 AM »
When in paraphonic mode and playing three three simultaneous keys:
Is it possible to output each individual key on via separate cv out?

(this would make the pro-3 a great paraphonic controller for an arp2600 or similar)

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Paraphonic cv-out?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:02:24 PM »
No, this is not possible.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 02:00:17 PM »
For doing such a thing only the Poly2 from Polyend and the Doepfer A-190-5  come to mind. Both at 300$+ and take up some Eurorack Space.

Anybody knows of alternatives or workarounds? I know the Retrokit RK002 can do multichannel Polyphonic Midi called Polymux. But you donīt have any Voltages at that point.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:12:56 PM »
Just found the Befaco Midi Thing. Can be purchased unassembled for 150€ and is only 6TE but just has 4 Channels of Pitch and Gate, whereas the others offer 2 or in the case of the polyend one even 3 Controller dataīs on top.

All three can play a Eurorack or pure Analog Synth Polyphonically given you have full voices.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 02:15:12 PM »
Anybody knows of alternatives or workarounds? I know the Retrokit RK002 can do multichannel Polyphonic Midi called Polymux. But you donīt have any Voltages at that point.

If you all don't mind some shameless self-promotion, this can be done with the Captain MIDI app in Hemisphere Suite, which runs on the Ornament and Crime Eurorack module. If you create a Setup that assigns three pitch CV outs to a single MIDI channel, Captain MIDI will intercept one note at a time and distribute them across your three CV outputs polyphonically, and you'd still have one channel to spare.

You can get away from your computer by using a MIDI host box like the midiplus.

https://github.com/Chysn/O_C-HemisphereSuite/wiki/Captain-MIDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN6EEVkcqJ8&t=105s

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:17:49 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 02:54:13 PM »
No worries, no shame at all in sharing your work!
Interesting way of non-centristic distribution with the module as well, very DIY spirited!

Will check that out for sure.
Thank you!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 02:39:14 AM »
So I finally came about looking deeper into the O_c and your hemispehre suite!

Right know Iīm trying to decide between that and the Shuttle Control by endorphin.es.
The second one would be 200€ spend on convenience and design, as well as a few more cv outs.

You think itīs worth that? Is there anything the O_c canīt achieve the shuttle can? (https://www.endorphin.es/cargo4/)

Also can the hemisphere be loaded onto a temps and utile module? (I found one fairly affordable)

cheers

chysn

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 04:05:40 PM »
Also can the hemisphere be loaded onto a temps and utile module? (I found one fairly affordable)

Sorry for the super-late response! I just noticed your question. The answer is no. Temps Utile is totally different hardware.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his