Sequential Pro 3 Introduction

Sequential Pro 3 Introduction
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
Sequential Pro 3 Introduction  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_k6E17_Ps

Re: Sequential Pro 3 Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 04:48:33 AM »
Keyless version coming eventually in Desktop or Rack format?

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:10:55 AM »

I doubt it. Never happened for the Pro 2. If anything I think we might see another instrument (either another poly synth or possible Tempest successor) before we see a desktop/rack format version of the Pro 3.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:44:02 AM »
Nice intro/demo video!   I'm excited.  Inclusion of the Moog T-Ladder filter is a great choice (hope its included in next Poly release too) - and the hybrid oscillator combo is nice. 

That 32 slot mod matrix with 171 destinations and the sequencer is gonna allow for some extremely deep sound design and mod sequences.  Preparing for the bleeps, the creeps and the sweeps. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »
Exciting stuff!  Microtuning out of the gate or will we have to wait on this one like the Pro2??

OceanMachine

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 04:27:35 PM »
Exciting stuff!  Microtuning out of the gate or will we have to wait on this one like the Pro2??

It's a standard feature on the Pro 3.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 05:12:58 PM »

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 12:03:22 AM »

Do hope for that. Rack size would be great because desktops are so unhandy large . The form factor of the P12M is ideal because it then can still be put on the rack shelf taking minimal space when not used for knobbing and just MIDI use. Could remove the sequencer buttons to create space for desktop/rack and edit seq/ via the screen. P12M ID was very different than the P12 keys but still easy to use and it is still in retail. Too bad it did not have MIDI sample dump standard to load samples or wave-tables, so hope this will. (Not prop. format like Nord among others. Standard MIDI is a big reason to keep buying Sequential products. Q: To which Sequential/DSI products the 2 Analog Oscs can be compared to ?  Perhaps wooden side panel as an option for the std. version ?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:15:12 AM by musicmaker »

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 01:01:05 AM »

Yessssss!!! Very nice. GASsing for the SE now…

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 01:40:23 AM »
Q: To which Sequential/DSI products the 2 Analog Oscs can be compared to ?

The VCOs can be compared to the ones of the Prophet-6. However, they are not identical:
Shape mod (known as PWM if applied to a pulse waveform) now also affects the triangle and sawtooth shapes and anything in between triangle and sawtooth, sawtooth and pulse. On top of that, not only the shape mod parameter can be modulated, but also the shape selection parameter that allows you to continuously morph between triangle, sawtooth and pulse shapes.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 01:43:14 AM »

Plus: the tuning can now be chosen on a per program basis. It's no longer a global parameter only.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:02:55 AM by Paul Dither »

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 07:35:45 PM »
I can't justify a new synth right now, but this is definitely on my GAS list.
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 11:58:31 PM »
I hope someone at Sequential will answer this question:

What audio sample rate are the mod matrix working at? If you can send oscillators out the CVs via mod matrix I assume it must be at least 44.1khz?

I think I remember that the Prophet 12 ran at a slower rate, and wanted to know if this has been improved on the pro3?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

OG3

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 06:39:55 AM »
Is the SE a limited edition as well?  Or can we expect equal availability as the standard pro 3?

OceanMachine

LoboLives

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »
Is the SE a limited edition as well? 

No, Dave said he's not down with those types of shenanigans.

...anymore  ;)

https://www.sequential.com/product/prophet-12-limited-edition/

The white edition was the original design of the Prophet 12. They were discontinuing it anyway so they needed to clear out some space lol

jg666

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 11:48:44 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or6CpbGRLFY

Not sure if it's very different from the other videos but here's one from the UK store Andertons with Dave presenting again :)

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 11:32:03 PM »
A comprehensive presentation by Gerry Bassermann:

https://youtu.be/oT5L5WqcBOk