Poly Evolver repair (preferably in EU)

Poly Evolver repair (preferably in EU)
« on: January 12, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »
Hi,
My Poly Evolver Keyboard has one voice broken. It's a physical damage - cat urine :( PEK is now after professional PCB cleaning but one voice is still dead. Can you recommend a good service for that? DSI is not eager to repair it and they are in US. I'm in Europe (Poland). It's also hard to get parts. Do you know if it's possible to get a replacement voice chip from standard Evolver?
Thanks in advance. I'm depressed and need help with my all time favorite synth

Re: Poly Evolver repair (preferably in EU)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »

Hi,

have you tried refreshing the OS and and Voice chips after the cleaning?
https://www.sequential.com/updating-poly-evolver-os/

Worth to try i guess.

Hope this helps,

Martin

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 03:27:35 PM »
Thanks a lot! I'll let you know if it helps :)

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 06:53:50 AM »
Hi again, unfortunately no luck with this either.. Anyone knows if regular Evolver could be a donor?

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 04:50:17 PM »
Not to be obvious, but I would think sequential/DSI support could recommend a path forward.  I' curious how you make out, in case one of my PEK voices ever fail.  I'd be lost :'(.   
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 07:56:43 PM »
Ditto.  I live in an Evolver hive here.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 07:38:14 AM »
It is obvious.. but my help request is being reviewed by their support staff for a very long time now. That's why I'm seeking help via forum. I'll start a new support thread just in case..

Not to be obvious, but I would think sequential/DSI support could recommend a path forward.  I' curious how you make out, in case one of my PEK voices ever fail.  I'd be lost :'(.   

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 08:07:41 AM »
What do you mean by hive in this case? Sorry, English is not my native language.. Does it  mean that this topic also bothers you?

Ditto.  I live in an Evolver hive here.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 03:38:24 PM »
It means that I have three Poly Evolvers.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 03:45:42 PM »
OMG  8)
It means that I have three Poly Evolvers.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 02:48:40 PM »
Bump.. Any ideas? DSI is not replying.. I wrote them a new email 9 days ago. Do you have any experience regarding reply time? With my previous emails about other topics they were quick.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 04:00:46 PM »
I would email them again, as they may have just missed your email.  They are super amazing at replying as I had a tech question during NAMM and Carson was even replying to me then.  They really are the best. 
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 08:07:27 PM »
Bump.. Any ideas? DSI is not replying.. I wrote them a new email 9 days ago. Do you have any experience regarding reply time? With my previous emails about other topics they were quick.

How about a phone call? 

"CONTACTING SUPPORT

Our product support staff is available to help you Monday – Friday from 9 am to 6 pm PT. If you call during business hours and don’t get through to one of our Support Technicians, it’s because they’re assisting other customers. Please leave a voicemail message and someone will respond as soon as possible. We value a dialog with you and welcome feedback, suggestions, and details of how you’re putting your instrument to use!

Phone: (415) 830-6393 x1"

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 04:30:17 AM »
Thanks, this can be a good idea :) I just have to wait because I have 9 hours difference vs San Francisco. Just not sure what does "x1" mean at the end of the number?

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 07:39:14 AM »
Thanks, this can be a good idea :) I just have to wait because I have 9 hours difference vs San Francisco. Just not sure what does "x1" mean at the end of the number?

An "x1" usually means "extension 1" on a phone number. So, they're probably indicating to press 1 to get to support after the call is connected. There will likely be an announcement during the call also indicating to do so.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 07:58:59 AM »

Oh yes.  Don't dial "x1" with the number!  Just dial 415 830-6393, wait until you're asked for the extension, and then press "1."  It will put you in contact with the proper department for your issue.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:01:40 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 02:28:36 PM »
Thanks guys, I tried 2 tiimes but after 10 minutes waiting each time I gave up..  Left a message on voicemail. Do you have a day off today? It's International Holocaust Remembrance Day, I don't know if you celebrate it..?

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 03:30:13 PM »
still nothing from them..

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 07:26:23 AM »
Shoot them another email.  Something likely got missed on your side or their side because if you actually got a support ticket, then any followup communication would of happened long ago when you first contacted them.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 08:12:13 AM »
Hi again, thank you for all your replies. Finally, DSI haven't replied to any of my emails but my PEK has been repaired!