NAMM 2020

Re: NAMM 2020
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2020, 11:39:00 PM »
Can’t wait to see what this is. And a hinged, adjustable panel by the looks of it (as I can’t imagine they’d move the hinges for access to the circuit boards to the front of the synth).

LoboLives

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2020, 07:09:41 AM »
probably wouldn't make a difference in regards to what I said.

What I mean is that replacing it with a TP/9s probably wouldn't lower the cost. I just assumed it was fully weighted at that price point... Looking at all their product pricing, it just seems like they're completely unaware of all the stiff competition they're facing these days. But hey, if people are buying up all their stuff, then more power to them.

I'm hoping they do a 49 key, synth action version.

LoboLives

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2020, 09:22:55 AM »
I still say my Pro-4 idea was good. 4 Oscillators each with their own signal path: Filter, AMP, Effects and each with their own sequencer/Arp. Sort of like the Analog Four.

I'll keep an open mind about the Pro-3 but I still say it's a weird move by Sequential just Frankensteining elements from current synths together while taking away elements from it's predecessor.

Still, it could sound out of this world.

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2020, 04:36:25 PM »

What I mean is that replacing it with a TP/9s probably wouldn't lower the cost. I just assumed it was fully weighted at that price point... Looking at all their product pricing, it just seems like they're completely unaware of all the stiff competition they're facing these days. But hey, if people are buying up all their stuff, then more power to them.

I'm hoping they do a 49 key, synth action version.

The 8O is effectively a synth-action, but with waterfall (as opposed to diving-board) profile. They are slightly "faster" in the sense that it's pretty difficult to get your hand caught on the edge of the key covers, just like a Hammond.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2020, 09:32:12 AM »

LoboLives

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2020, 01:02:06 PM »
Just seen that Moog are bringing a scaled-down Subsequent:
https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/01/moog-intros-subsequent-25-analog-synthesizer-sub-phatty-successor.html

?But.....Why????

Honestly it would be awesome if Moog did an analog vocoder/string machine with built in analog Chorus/Phaser. The Moog Siren.

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2020, 02:15:49 PM »
Just seen that Moog are bringing a scaled-down Subsequent:
https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/01/moog-intros-subsequent-25-analog-synthesizer-sub-phatty-successor.html

?But.....Why????

Honestly it would be awesome if Moog did an analog vocoder/string machine with built in analog Chorus/Phaser. The Moog Siren.

Who knows? 2 octaves is not for me.

OceanMachine

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2020, 05:55:40 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7XMtlKBkoU/

Well we all knew the FM craze would be back at some point. I just hope we can skip the whole 90s/early aughts phase of reminiscing...

Korg is really giving the people what they've asked for at this year's NAMM, as well as adding some twists. FM, RING MOD, WAVE FOLDER, & FILTER FM.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:08:57 PM by A Thousand Eyes »

LoboLives

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2020, 07:08:58 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7XMtlKBkoU/

Well we all knew the FM craze would be back at some point. I just hope we can skip the whole 90s/early aughts phase of reminiscing...

Korg is really giving the people what they've asked for at this year's NAMM, as well as putting adding some twists. FM, RING MOD, WAVE FOLDER, & FILTER FM.

Wait....is that a real thing? No way.

Shaw

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2020, 07:14:43 PM »

They are inside your mind, Lobo... haven’t you been wanting “knobby FM” for years?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LoboLives

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »

They are inside your mind, Lobo... haven’t you been wanting “knobby FM” for years?

Indeed. You know I always though Sequential would have been the first or even Yamaha. Their reface line had CS, DX, CP and YC models...then the CP88 and now the YC61...I thought for sure we’d see a new DX....but it looks like Korg is the first to do it.

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2020, 05:59:46 AM »
The new Nord Library trolley!

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2020, 06:01:35 AM »
The new Nord Library trolley!

Too big for a 1GB sample library.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2020, 07:42:56 AM »
Korg is becoming a very attractive company again.  Their starting to cause my initial DSI goosebumps.

chysn

Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2020, 12:54:29 AM »

Wave 2 is probably the keybed from the Electro 73. NL4 keybed feels like a plastic toy. HP is too heavy. Having FM, DCO, VCO, VA, PCM synths, there is a space reserved on the shelf for a user loadable wave/sample poly AT synth with standard and open (Sysex) MIDI implementation to load such data. That is NOT Nord or Roland (anymore).
2020 seems to be the year of wave-tables.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:10:38 AM by musicmaker »

LoboLives

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2020, 05:22:04 AM »
I do think the Pro 3 is a taste of what Sequential's next synth will be in terms of structure. Which is likely why they did both the standard and special edition Pro 3's in one go as opposed to spreading both of their releases through the year. I can see a Poly Evolver type structure type structure with the VCO + Wavetable oscillators on their next poly synth. Hopefully it'll have more than one wavetable oscillator though. I think only having one is a misstep.

But looking at the specs of the Pro 3....it's there.
Tuned feedback
VCO + Digital Oscillator
Dual effects
Expanded mod matrix.
Playlist mode.
and new looking knobs/layout.

All a perfect hint at what could be featured in their next poly synth.

The only thing I would like to see is a an X/Y/Z touch pad as opposed to a single slider.

Oh and a bit more...blue. ;) Just to make it stand out a bit more.

OceanMachine

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2020, 07:29:32 AM »
Which is likely why they did both the standard and special edition Pro 3's in one go as opposed to spreading both of their releases through the year.

They likely planned a simultaneous rollout simply because the alternative is a complete a-hole move to do to early adopters.

LoboLives

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2020, 11:16:37 AM »
Which is likely why they did both the standard and special edition Pro 3's in one go as opposed to spreading both of their releases through the year.

They likely planned a simultaneous rollout simply because the alternative is a complete a-hole move to do to early adopters.

Very true....it actually a move that I could see a few other companies doing...but not Sequential.

LoboLives

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2020, 01:04:41 PM »