Question about using gear from USA in Europe...

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
Question about using gear from USA in Europe...
« on: February 06, 2020, 07:04:14 AM »
We are leaving in less than 3 weeks to play shows in Europe and we are in need of some direction in regards to what we will need to buy in order to use our gear safely in Europe!  The last thing we want is fried gear. 

Most of the power supply of our gear states on the wall wart or power supply “110-240”

The exception is our Yamaha MG10XU mixer’s power supply only says: “120V~60Hz 300mA”

Do any of you know if we will need to buy a voltage converter for any of our gear?  Or do we just need to buy the prong adapters for Europe?

Any direction with this is greatly appreciated!

SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Re: Question about using gear from USA in Europe...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 08:59:42 AM »
for the most part those with the IEC connectors (the non wall wart gear) marked 110-240, you should be fine with just buying the prong adapters or even European power cables.  the Yammy will require a converter.

it would also be advisable to bring along a UPS or something that will protect the gear from any surges or power niggles that could damage your gear. 

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 09:10:57 AM »
Ok wonderful thank you for your help on this topic! 

The venues will have surge protectors that we can plug into for sure, so I guess all we will need to purchase are a few prong adapters for the gear marked 110-240, and will buy a voltage converter for the Yamaha. 
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:15:46 AM »
one thing I just remembered,  sometimes there is a little red switch besides the IEC connector to change from 110 to 240 volts.  but I think that is for older gear (I am hoping that more experienced people will chime in).  I have seen this mainly on computer power supplies but it is always good to check.