Squeaky knobs

Hampus

• Young synth lover.
Squeaky knobs
« on: January 09, 2020, 02:15:18 AM »
I recently bought a rev 2 in new working condition, but I have this problem where my res and cutoff knobs make this weird friction sound when you turn them. They still work totally fine though. Is this something to worry about that I might have to replace or is it fine/easily fixed.

https://youtu.be/OAJfJ6LOO3s

Hampus

• Young synth lover.
Re: Squeaky knobs
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 10:31:25 AM »
I also found it this morning that my shape mod #1 has started doing the same high pitched sound when turning it plus being quite loose. I havent wiggled my knobs or turned them at way too high speeds that would break them which makes this even wierder.

I tried pulling off the cap and see if that was the loose part but nope, turns out the pot itself is causing the problem.  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhWEVXX6W8s

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »
The pots are going to have some wiggle since they aren’t bolted to the chassis. Not sure what would cause the squeak—maybe the pot rubbing against the chassis or the pots themselves. I’d suggest contacting support.

Hampus

• Young synth lover.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
The pots are going to have some wiggle since they aren’t bolted to the chassis. Not sure what would cause the squeak—maybe the pot rubbing against the chassis or the pots themselves. I’d suggest contacting support.

Thanks for the response! I contacted support and they said that the noise should not cause any issues.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 09:54:11 PM »

Thanks for the response! I contacted support and they said that the noise should not cause any issues.
;D Nice answer. I’m surprised they didn’t mention anything about how lucky you are to have additional free tone generators. Seriously I wonder if your machine was stored in a dusty or dry or hot room or simply felt on the face. As guyaguy said they are not bolted, just soldered hence pretty fragile. Other explanation is poor quality of parts which falls into support. Why don’t you return it ?

Hampus

• Young synth lover.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 12:00:18 AM »

;D Nice answer. I’m surprised they didn’t mention anything about how lucky you are to have additional free tone generators. Seriously I wonder if your machine was stored in a dusty or dry or hot room or simply felt on the face. As guyaguy said they are not bolted, just soldered hence pretty fragile. Other explanation is poor quality of parts which falls into support. Why don’t you return it ?

Return period is over. Bought it about 4 months ago. I love the synth itself its just the knobs that concerned me a bit. I have talked with support and they have been very helpful offering some solutions, but i still dont think i can return it to the store.