Keyboard split 2 machines

Keyboard split 2 machines
« on: January 07, 2020, 06:46:31 PM »
I was wondering if it was possible to split the keyboard only for the sake of playing another instrument via midi and keep all eight voices for the other keyboard half. I don’t think the Rev firmware allows that. Maybe with an external midi processor. Any idea ?

Re: Keyboard split 2 machines
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 02:56:44 PM »
Possible solution -- turn Local MIDI off, route MIDI to connected iPad, re-route reconfigured MIDI back to Rev2, with THRU going to your 2nd board.

MIDIflow is a very flexible app, and can split / remap / filter / re-assign all kinds of MIDI events.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 10:05:54 PM »
Possible solution -- turn Local MIDI off, route MIDI to connected iPad, re-route reconfigured MIDI back to Rev2, with THRU going to your 2nd board.

MIDIflow is a very flexible app, and can split / remap / filter / re-assign all kinds of MIDI events.
Thanks for your reply. So doesn’t seem possible to do that with just the rev.
I’ll try my chance with a Max device as I already own Ableton but no ipad midi interface.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 04:47:26 PM »
Of course you could try this trick to see if it works --

Split the Rev2, but set the volume to 0 for the side you will use to play the other instrument.  Rev2 allocates voices dynamically, so it might work good enough depending on what you play.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »
Of course you could try this trick to see if it works --

Split the Rev2, but set the volume to 0 for the side you will use to play the other instrument.  Rev2 allocates voices dynamically, so it might work good enough depending on what you play.
hmm not with 8 voices.

Found https://www.bome.com/products/bomebox or https://blokas.io/midihub/that may  do the job
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 02:59:16 PM by Tugdual »

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 12:06:38 PM »
Ok I finally found a ridiculously simple solution using Ableton.
  • Create an instrument rack with 2 external instruments.
  • Split keyboard
  • End

Can't believe I struggled so long on something so simple.
Just when you think you know Ableton...

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 07:08:44 PM »
Ok I finally found a ridiculously simple solution using Ableton.
  • Create an instrument rack with 2 external instruments.
  • Split keyboard
  • End

Can't believe I struggled so long on something so simple.
Just when you think you know Ableton...
Whoops I almost suggested that but didn't know you had a computer in the chain. Yay Ableton!