How to stop Prophet-6 from triggering itself when controlling another synth

My setup is as follows. My prophet-6 has its MIDI Out connected to a sequencers (korg sqd-1) MIDI In. From the sequencers MIDI out a bunch of keyboard equipped synths are connected, setup to receive on different MIDI channels.

I want to control different of these synths from my prophet-6 by selecting different MIDI out channels from the prophet-6. The issue is that whichever channel I set the prophet-6 to send on, it will also receive on. But I only want it to receive on one particular channel. So how can I stop it from triggering itself when I am controlling another synth? (I have local control set to off).

This works fine if I for instance use my Moog Sub-37 for this purpose - I can set MIDI out channel separate from MIDI in channel (but that synth has an inferior key bed).

Kja

It can only send and receive on the same channel.

I actually kind of got this to work by messing around with MIDI Settings (MIDI Control, Local Control, ...) but in the end what one want is to separate IN and OUT channels.

It is a bit disappointing that it is not possible on such a premium device, it really should be simple enough in software. Perhaps it could be made in an update. Is there a feature request page somewhere perhaps?

In fairness it’s not touted as a midi controller. But I agree it would be nice. Drop a note to DSI.