Prophet 08 patches

Prophet 08 patches
« on: December 30, 2019, 08:12:27 AM »
Hello all,

I just now actually tried the Prophet 08 patches on the rev2 (had to restart because most of them didn't make a sound).
What have I missed!! They are such beautiful patches. Really 10 times better than the ones that came with the rev2.

Don't skip them, try them!!!

Re: Prophet 08 patches
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 08:17:30 PM »
could you walk me through how you did that exactly? did you have to erase a whole user bank to do it? i'm thinking of buying the rev2 soundtower editor to try this out, im not a big fan of the rev2 stock patches
Alpha Juno 2/ Prophet Rev2 / Arp Odyssey / Korg DS-8 / Yamaha TX81Z

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 10:18:43 PM »
could you walk me through how you did that exactly? did you have to erase a whole user bank to do it? i'm thinking of buying the rev2 soundtower editor to try this out, im not a big fan of the rev2 stock patches

It is fairly simple. I used https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ for putting the banks on the rev2. Overwriting the first user bank.

Before that I make a copy of the existing user back with the Codeknobs editor. But that is up to you. The code knobs editor does not recognize the 08 patches; that is why I used the other librarian.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »
I also tried to import the '08 soundbanks but initially after completing i had the feeling nothing has changed. looked like the stock preset names of rev2 are still present. have to do a second attempt i think...

There is a guide in the support area of the device under soundbanks.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 03:13:28 AM »
So I purchased the soundtower editor and it has all the 08 stock patches already on it for transfer. You can even play the patches before you write them to your user banks
Alpha Juno 2/ Prophet Rev2 / Arp Odyssey / Korg DS-8 / Yamaha TX81Z