Ob-6 Factory Reset

Ob-6 Factory Reset
« on: December 21, 2019, 07:33:39 PM »
Does anyone know how i can do a factory reset on my ob-6?

Re: Ob-6 Factory Reset
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 12:24:42 PM »
Does anyone know how i can do a factory reset on my ob-6?

The manual indicates that resetting the "Global Parameters" resets it to factory settings.

"If you're trying to track down a problem, it's sometimes a good idea to reset the Global parameters to their defaults. This is a quick way to make sure that the OB-6 returns to its factory settings."

Hold down Global button and press Write.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:28:32 AM »
Thanks for the response! I did read that and I did try it but nothing happened. Sorry for being ignorant to all of this but it’s my first keyboard and i just started to get into it and started to save some patches but just wanted to reset it back. I notice if I press the global button it goes to red while I press the write button and nothing seems to happen. Am I doing this right?

Thanks

OceanMachine

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 07:38:34 AM »

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »
Well, of the 1000 programs, 500 are permanent Factory Banks (500-999), so nothing is going to change there. You can edit them but can only save them to the User Banks (000-499). Any edits in the Factory Banks are going to disappear each time you power down. If you edited a Factory Bank and want to keep it, then just save it to anywhere from 000-499.

So that leaves you with just the User Banks which can be overwritten at any time, so the only thing to reset them to is a duplicate of the Factory Banks from (500-999), so there's little reason to do this. If you think you need to 'start over' as when it's fresh from the factory, just start with 000 and start turning knobs.

I imagine that this is why it only mentions resetting Global parameters to Factory. They kind of made it fool-proof. You're not going to screw anything up where you need to reset everything and start over.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:35:18 PM by St8kout »

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 10:19:06 AM »
Thanks it’s my first keyboard and i just started to get into it and started to save some patches but just wanted to reset it back. I notice if I press the global button it goes to red while I press the write button and nothing seems to happen. Am I doing this right?

Thanks

Resetting the Global Parameters is NOT the same thing as resetting all the sounds. That's perhaps why you concluded that 'nothing seems to happen.' Doing that would have reset the Pitch Bend range, or Global Tuning to their original factory values, for example, if you had altered them (and saved the alteration by Saving Globals) -
What you seem to want to do is remove the saved Program edits (changes) you have made. There's not much reason to do this, since every user-savable sound is duplicated at a memory location 500 higher than the one you edited and (may have) saved.

For example, say you liked 007 (I love it!) and turned the Filter Cutoff knob clockwise a bit, and liked it, so you hit WRITE and then pressed the 7, so the WRITE light went out. Now when you call up 007, it will be your new sound. But maybe you miss the way it used to sound. You don't have to reset anything in this case! Just go to sound 507, and the original sound that was in 007 is right there! And the '500' sound can't ever be changed. It'll always be there, because it's not in "User Memory" - User Memory is the numbers below 500.

If that's not quite good enough, and you really want the original James Bond (007) ;) in its original 007 location, you can go to 507, then hit WRITE and then hold the Bank Button and Press 0...then press the 7 button, and now 507 has been stored to 007. Remember 507 is exactly the sound that was originally Factory in 007, so you have accomplished your goal, without resetting and other sounds of which you may prefer your new (edited and Saved) version to the Factory version.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:25:05 AM by tommym »
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
This synth is fool proof but there is always one fool ME! Thank you very much for helping me. I do love these sounds on this thing.

Thanks it’s my first keyboard and i just started to get into it and started to save some patches but just wanted to reset it back. I notice if I press the global button it goes to red while I press the write button and nothing seems to happen. Am I doing this right?

Thanks

Resetting the Global Parameters is NOT the same thing as resetting all the sounds. That's perhaps why you concluded that 'nothing seems to happen.' Doing that would have reset the Pitch Bend range, or Global Tuning to their original factory values, for example, if you had altered them (and saved the alteration by Saving Globals) -
What you seem to want to do is remove the saved Program edits (changes) you have made. There's not much reason to do this, since every user-savable sound is duplicated at a memory location 500 higher than the one you edited and (may have) saved.

For example, say you liked 007 (I love it!) and turned the Filter Cutoff knob clockwise a bit, and liked it, so you hit WRITE and then pressed the 7, so the WRITE light went out. Now when you call up 007, it will be your new sound. But maybe you miss the way it used to sound. You don't have to reset anything in this case! Just go to sound 507, and the original sound that was in 007 is right there! And the '500' sound can't ever be changed. It'll always be there, because it's not in "User Memory" - User Memory is the numbers below 500.

If that's not quite good enough, and you really want the original James Bond (007) ;) in its original 007 location, you can go to 507, then hit WRITE and then hold the Bank Button and Press 0...then press the 7 button, and now 507 has been stored to 007. Remember 507 is exactly the sound that was originally Factory in 007, so you have accomplished your goal, without resetting and other sounds of which you may prefer your new (edited and Saved) version to the Factory version.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 09:45:25 AM »
Thank you very much for helping me. I do love these sounds on this thing.

A pleasure. I love this thing too.  :D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:49:20 AM by tommym »
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)