tetra sysex footcontrol command for midi sollutions footcontroller Please:)

Hi,  I'm new to the forum, and pretty new to sysex and NRPN messages.. I've had my tetra for years though and have just acquired a Tempest, Definitely a DSI fan!..

I have a midi sollutions footswitch controller device that allows me to send sysex messages.  I'm hoping to be able to control the tetra foot-control parameters with an expression pedal connected to my footswitch controller device.   

Can anyone please tell me what system Exclusive message to enter into my device to program it?  There are two footcontol parameters in the manual (amount and destination)  Also any tips on how to read the sysex messages (ideally focused on Tetra and tempest) would be greatly appreciated.  in case I want to input any other tetra sysex parameter to control with the device..   Thanks in advance , and sorry for the newb question if it's basic..  Best, H.

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
It's been a long time since I looked at the NRPN's for the Tetra (it was a major headache programming a controller for it!), so I can't remember exactly but the footcontroller NRPN is either 89 (A layer) or 289 (B layer).  I dunno what the MIDI Solutions controller need to have, but I know that my Bitstream x3 had me filling in the actual sysex for addressing the Tetra 😳  Good Luck!

chysn

Does it have to be system exclusive? You can't sent continuous controller messages with that pedal?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Can't see why not.  I am unable to test to see if there is a difference, as my Tetra is in storage right now, but the only thing I can see is as a benefit of NRPN's over CC's is a greater value range.

I've gone back over the manual to double check I have the correct details and it turns out I gave you the wrong NRPN.  I gave you the foot controller amount for when setting it in the modulation patching.  It turns out that the Tetra uses the standard CC4 for the footcontroller.  My apologies for any confusion I may have caused.