Shortcuts to editing patch names?

Shortcuts to editing patch names?
« on: December 18, 2019, 05:47:13 PM »
Hi all, I just received my Rev2 and am just learning my way around it. I'm finding editing/changing patch names a bit tedious, as I've yet to find a way to insert or delete characters. Does such a thing exist on the Rev2?

Re: Shortcuts to editing patch names?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 06:35:31 PM »
The manual gives all the available info except that one character is a blank to create a space. If you have the codeKnobs or SoundTower editor you can type it in on your computer.

Naming a Program
You can rename a program when the write command is active.
To rename a program:
1. Press the write button. Its LED begins blinking.
2. Turn the parameter knob to move the cursor forward or backward
3. Turn the value knob to select a character.
4. When you’re done naming the program, press the write button again. Its LED stops blinking and the program is saved.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 05:23:14 AM »
This patch naming is really tedious. Or, if I im a good mood, I call it "old school". It would, however, be a leap in convenience if it had a delete and insert function. Or, that would actually mean having a line cursor (like the one I type with now) instead of a block cursor.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 05:45:37 PM »
This patch naming is really tedious. Or, if I im a good mood, I call it "old school". It would, however, be a leap in convenience if it had a delete and insert function. Or, that would actually mean having a line cursor (like the one I type with now) instead of a block cursor.

Thanks for validating it's not just me, and saving me from continued digging. The Nord Electro 6D (probably the Stage 3 too) really nail fast patch naming, at least when all you have is a single knob and a couple buttons.  A similar mechanism could easily be implemented in the Rev2. <sigh>

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 07:10:49 PM »
Or you can use this site for free:
https://f0f7.net

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 05:01:38 AM »
The top reason to use code knobs!!

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 07:13:56 AM »
Well, that is a solution if you like to hook up your instrument to a computer. I know that many synthesizer players do this all the time. However, I am also certain that I am not the only one for whom playing the instrument and editing patches happens away from their computer.

Besides the fact that my rev2 mostly live in my band's rehearsal room where I do not even have a computer, I just hate interacting with a computer when making music.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 10:53:36 AM »
... I just hate interacting with a computer when making music.

Truth!!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 03:58:59 PM »
I just hate interacting with a computer when making music.