MIDI problem

MIDI problem
« on: December 16, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »
Hello, I recently got my first Prophet Rev2 and it is amazing.

I am using FL studio to send a MIDI signal to my Prophet Rev2, so I can compose my chord progressions in the piano roll.

The problem I am experiencing is that when I play a chord from my DAW the sound is played but it adds a 10-12K “feedback-ish” ring to it. I ve checked the web but I couldnt Find the exact same problem I am experiencing.

If I play the chord multiple times it even replaces the whole synth to that sound, every note sounds the same.

When I switch to another preset on the Prophet it is gone, but it comes back after playing Notes soon.

It sounds like the MIDI feedback problem, but i tried everything on the web and hoped you could help me here. Also I hope I placed This in the right thread.

Much love

I tried everything

Re: MIDI problem
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 10:27:07 PM »
Are you using USB for MIDI? Do you get the sound with a DIN MIDI cable? Just wondering if it's a ground loop.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 04:24:57 AM »
Are you using USB for MIDI? Do you get the sound with a DIN MIDI cable? Just wondering if it's a ground loop.

Heyy, yes I am using USB as a connection. The tone is not constant it only occurs when I play a key

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 09:51:25 AM »
Okay, I have solved This problem and it is a DAW specific problem with FL studio. I have turned off “Send MIDI pan/vol/pitch” and now the feedback sound is gone.

Only thing Is I cant use those parameters now. But atleast I can work in my piano roll now. I m going to try using an external MIDI application to see if it will work that way.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »
Try turning the send MIDI back on but go in the utilities of the synth and turn the "local control" off.   It's another way disconnect the loop.  If it works, you will have the controls back that you are missing without the feedback. 
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.