Poly-chaining (voice allocation)

Poly-chaining (voice allocation)
« on: December 14, 2019, 12:16:25 PM »
I understand that when poly-chaining between say the P6/OB6 keyboard and the P6/OB6 module, the voice count expands to 12.  How are the voices between keyboard and module allocated?  By default, do the first 6 voices always come from the keyboard first; and then, any additional voices beyond the 6th voice come from the module? 

Would it possible to choose between different types of voice-allocations such as “alternate”, “random”, “layered”, and “split”?   These types of voice-allocations could be programmed per patch! 
P5 Rev 3.3/P5 Rev 4 (w/Expansion board)/OB8/Jupiter 6/Juno 60/MKS80/MKS70/CP80/S80/AN1x/SK30/Motif XS Rack/CS6R/Crumar DS-2/Performer/ARP Axxe.

Re: Poly-chaining (voice allocation)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 07:27:08 AM »
Wow, I thought this would be a quick-and-easy question to answer.  Even Dave Smith (the master-mind, the brain-child behind poly-chaining) can't seem to answer this question.
P5 Rev 3.3/P5 Rev 4 (w/Expansion board)/OB8/Jupiter 6/Juno 60/MKS80/MKS70/CP80/S80/AN1x/SK30/Motif XS Rack/CS6R/Crumar DS-2/Performer/ARP Axxe.

Re: Poly-chaining (voice allocation)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 07:01:00 PM »
I have a Mopho x4 that I used to polychain to a Tetra. Voices were allocated round-robin style first on the keyboard and then on the Tetra. However, if I sustained some notes while, playing others shorter, that behavior would change out of necessity. For that reason, it doesn't make much sense to offer different modes, IMO.

Dave has better things to do than to read this forum. It's provided as a convenience to users but if you really need support, there is a support email address.