Odd LED readout

Odd LED readout
« on: December 05, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »
Loving my new Prophet 6, which I got a few days ago.  I've noticed that the program LED, along with the top two in the effects section, will often dimly display sections that don't apply to whatever it should be showing (in the right-hand digit only).  Such as in the attached photo, the number 1 is brightly lit (as it should be), but the rest of the display "8" can be seen in a lower light.  Should I return the board or is this normal?  All else seems to work fine. 

Thanks!

Jay

Re: Odd LED readout
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »
Judging by the views to replies ratio, I'm guessing I've managed to ask a stupid question.  LOL  Oh, well... :)

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 12:43:04 AM »
Have you contacted Sequential directly? The crew there are always very helpful and usually make for a good first port of call with issues/glitches/concerns...

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 09:22:54 AM »
No, but I will.  I thought I'd check first to see if anyone else had noticed this in their board.  Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 03:02:31 AM »
Hi Jayinmaine,

I had had a similar problem with my then new Prophet 6. The issue manifested itself within the first week after purchase and effected the "Bank Program" window,like yours,along with "Effects" and "Clock Sync" windows. Otherwise all other operational aspects of the synth appeared to be ok.

However,I considered this was a sign of a potentially bigger issue that may develop in the future and contacted Sequential. After some suggested troubleshooting from Andy at DSI support failed,the synth was repaired [mother boards?] under warranty.

Not a great start to what was my first poly synth. 18 months has passed since then and all is fine.

Yes,contact Sequential,I'm sure they will look after you.

Hope that helps.

Regards...

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 09:45:51 AM »
Thanks so much for that reply, as I was really wondering if I was the only person to have this issue.  I'll contact the company.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 08:22:21 PM »
Problem finally solved.  I contacted Sequential and heard back from Andy.  I agreed to his first suggestion, which involved them sending me a couple of circuit boards and instructions on how to change them.  Not very difficult, although some of those knobs didn't want to come off easily.  But, all is well and I'm a happy Prophet 6 owner! :)

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 10:41:53 PM »
Problem finally solved.  I contacted Sequential and heard back from Andy.  I agreed to his first suggestion, which involved them sending me a couple of circuit boards and instructions on how to change them.  Not very difficult, although some of those knobs didn't want to come off easily.  But, all is well and I'm a happy Prophet 6 owner! :)

Good to hear!  :)

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 02:06:34 AM »
Judging by the views to replies ratio, I'm guessing I've managed to ask a stupid question.  LOL  Oh, well... :)

Although an old-ish thread I thought I'd add my own Prophet 6 LED issue here for completeness.

The upper segment of my LH Bank/Program 7-segment LED display is dim. Also some LED's fail to extinguish fully when deselected. Notably the Unison, 1,4,7 and 8 patch select buttons.
I have reseated all connectors internally and contacted support - understandably no reply yet with the holiday season.