Feature Request: Local Keyboard Control Off (for use as a master Keyboard)

+1 for this feature. Sequential has already implemented it in the Prophet-5/10 keys OS but not the 6. I'm not going to buy a Prophet-10 module to add on to my Prophet-6 keys when I know switching between Local On & Off constantly is a real flow killer.

Just got the info on GS that excatly this functionality is already implemented in f.e. the Pro3. So there might be hope?

From the Pro 3 manual:

"17 . Local Control: All Off, Key/Wheels Off, On—When on (the default), the keyboard and front panel controls directly affect the Pro 3. When
off, the controls are transmitted via MIDI but do not directly affect the “local” synth (that is, the Pro 3). When key/wheels off is selected the front controls are enabled (so that you can edit them) but the keyboard and Pitch/Mod wheels are off. This is primarily useful for avoiding MIDI data loops that can occur with some external Sequencers."

Re: Feature Request: Local Keyboard Control Off (for use as a master Keyboard)
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2021, 12:36:20 PM »
any updates on this imo essential feature? please make this happen, the p6 would be such a nice master keyboard.

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2021, 03:45:10 PM »
The Prophet 10 and Prophet 5 Rev 4 are implementing already this feature!

From the P10&P5-Rev4 manual: 'When set to “SOn ” the front panel controls of the Prophet-10 remain
active, but the pitch and mod wheels do not directly affect the “local”
synth (that is, the Prophet-10).'

Maybe it can also be added to the P6  ::)

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »
The Prophet 10 and Prophet 5 Rev 4 are implementing already this feature!

From the P10&P5-Rev4 manual: 'When set to “SOn ” the front panel controls of the Prophet-10 remain
active, but the pitch and mod wheels do not directly affect the “local”
synth (that is, the Prophet-10).'

Maybe it can also be added to the P6  ::)

That's exactly it! I'm working on something RIGHT NOW where this option would be sooo cool, instead of wearing out the buttons for GLOBALS-0 ...can't wait for the day it gets implemented by the nice folks at sequential!

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2022, 08:48:25 PM »
bumping this - sequential promised a 'SOn' mode for the P6-keyboard will happen, i count on them!

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 01:20:35 PM »
bumping this - sequential promised a 'SOn' mode for the P6-keyboard will happen, i count on them!

When / where did they promise this? Not saying they didn’t but just interested to know!

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2022, 11:37:26 AM »

When / where did they promise this? Not saying they didn’t but just interested to know!

on gearslutz/space somewhere - still lusting after this feature to make the p6 complete for me  :)

Dear Sequential,

Any news on this?

If it's not clear all ready, what people want is a third option in the "Local Ctrl" menu that disables local control for the key bed, mod & pitch wheel but keeps all the rest active (knobs, buttons)

The reason this is important because it allows recording a Prophet 6 performance to a sequencer directly from the Prophet 6 key bed, and then while the sequence is playing back still "play" the sound design on the instrument itself.

If you could please add this small improvement for your customers; I'm sure it would make a lot of us happy!

+1 for this feature , please !

Now please, please add this essential feature to this expensive synth! Even my Slim Phatty hast this (LOCAL CONTROL: OFF, ON, "noKB") - and it works great and leads to a very nice workflow! Thanks!

Now please, please add this essential feature to this expensive synth! Even my Slim Phatty hast this (LOCAL CONTROL: OFF, ON, "noKB") - and it works great and leads to a very nice workflow! Thanks!

+1
It would be fantastic.

Sequential?