PRO 2 potential patch bank problem

PRO 2 potential patch bank problem
« on: November 21, 2019, 08:20:03 AM »
Hi all, first post here. I am a complete newbie with the Pro 2 having had a used one delivered yesterday. All was going well and I've been well and truly knocked out with it until I came to save patches. My understanding from the manual is there are 8 banks, 4 of factory patches (F) and 4 for user patches (U). The factory banks can't be overwritten.

It appears that on mine the user banks (U) are full of the factory patches with a few exceptions when I check the names against the patch list from the Sequential site, and the factory banks (F) are full of blank basic patches (basic P1, P2.....etc.) So if I create a patch from scratch and write it the only way I can save it is overwriting one of the factory patches that resides in my user bank. I intend to create numerous patches but want to keep the factory patches.

Surely this cannot be right. I am at a loss to explain this, maybe a previous owner has botched up re-loading something in the past, but I would like to get my user banks back. OS is 1.4. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: PRO 2 potential patch bank problem
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 08:24:55 AM »
By default the patches in the factory and user banks are identical. If any of the patches differ on your unit, this might be due to it being a used instrument, meaning: any patches that are different in the user banks have been created by the previous user. Like the manual says: The factory patches can't be overwritten. They will always be stored to the factory banks. So you won't lose anything by overwriting a sound in the user banks.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »
By default the patches in the factory and user banks are identical. If any of the patches differ on your unit, this might be due to it being a used instrument, meaning: any patches that are different in the user banks have been created by the previous user. Like the manual says: The factory patches can't be overwritten. They will always be stored to the factory banks. So you won't lose anything by overwriting a sound in the user banks.

Thanks, I appreciate that by default the factory patches are duplicated in both user and factory banks, but that is not the case here. The only factory patches exist in the user banks, the factory banks are full of basic blank patches, labelled Basic P1, Basic P2...…….up to Basic P99 for each of the four banks. So the only place to save any patches I develop is in the user banks so overwriting the remaining factory patches I have. That is my confusion, why are my factory banks empty and how can I get them back? Cheers.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 10:07:46 AM »
I would just get in touch with the support, so they can send you the file that allows you to overwrite the factory banks with the actual factory banks: support@sequential.com

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 10:37:13 AM »
There are ways to overwrite the factory banks. I'm guessing you bought the unit second hand? Contact support and we'll be able to get everything in its right place for you.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 12:06:44 PM »
Thanks Guys, Yeah it's second hand. I'll contact support hopefully get help to sort it.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 03:49:09 AM »

Thanks, I appreciate that by default the factory patches are duplicated in both user and factory banks, but that is not the case here. The only factory patches exist in the user banks, the factory banks are full of basic blank patches, labelled Basic P1, Basic P2...…….up to Basic P99...

You can download all factory patches from the Pro2 Support page and transfer them to the Pro2. Problem solved!

Have a look here...  :)

https://www.sequential.com/downloading-pro-2-factory-sounds/

Hope it helps!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 03:55:14 AM by Chandro Ji »
DSI Pro2, Prophet 12 and Prophet Rev2 Keyboards, Waldorf Blofeld, Elektron Analog Four, Digitone, Analog Four, Synthstrom Deluge, Roli Seaboard
iPad Pro, Auria Pro, FabFilters, Eventide Blackhole and more great music apps. :)

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 12:48:56 PM »

Thanks, I appreciate that by default the factory patches are duplicated in both user and factory banks, but that is not the case here. The only factory patches exist in the user banks, the factory banks are full of basic blank patches, labelled Basic P1, Basic P2...…….up to Basic P99...

You can download all factory patches from the Pro2 Support page and transfer them to the Pro2. Problem solved! I have no idea what happened to the factory banks in the hands of the previous user, but thanks to Sequential for helping me sort it out.

Have a look here...  :)

https://www.sequential.com/downloading-pro-2-factory-sounds/

Hope it helps!

Thank you, but that didn't help in my case. a few hours ago I downloaded the factory programs and re-loaded them as per the instructions, but that only loaded them into the user banks. That was good as at least the previous owners patches were re-populated with all the factory patches - but left the Factory banks blank.

Fortunately Sequential customer support just got back to me (quickly) and explained about the Debug Menu. By holding down Transpose down/transpose up and pressing Global buttons Debug menu is revealed. Select 'Copy user to factory' and perform. The user banks are all copied to factory banks. Great! Factory banks restored so I can happily save my own patches to User while retaining all my Factory patches. I have no idea what happened to the Factory banks in the hands of the previous owner, but thanks to Sequential for their quick response and helping me sort it out.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »
I have no idea what happened to the Factory banks in the hands of the previous owner, but thanks to Sequential for their quick response and helping me sort it out.

Glad everything is fine now!

It is possible to save own patches also in the factory banks when using a software editor like the Soundtower Editor. Maybe the previous owner saved empty init. patches in the factory banks to modify them later.

Have fun with your new Pro2!  :)
DSI Pro2, Prophet 12 and Prophet Rev2 Keyboards, Waldorf Blofeld, Elektron Analog Four, Digitone, Analog Four, Synthstrom Deluge, Roli Seaboard
iPad Pro, Auria Pro, FabFilters, Eventide Blackhole and more great music apps. :)