triggering the sequencer via audio

triggering the sequencer via audio
« on: November 20, 2019, 11:44:14 AM »
The manual says that "an audio signal connected to the sequencer jack" will start the sequencer or trigger the envelopes. It does not work for me. Can someone please tell me at what level audio signals must be fed? Or does it have to be a specific type of audio signal? With a footswitch or a cv signal the sequencer jack works as expected.

Re: triggering the sequencer via audio
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 06:01:00 AM »
The manual says that "an audio signal connected to the sequencer jack" will start the sequencer or trigger the envelopes. It does not work for me. Can someone please tell me at what level audio signals must be fed? Or does it have to be a specific type of audio signal? With a footswitch or a cv signal the sequencer jack works as expected.

I works for me with 1 output from the MPC1000. I use a dedicated sample for this though. Just a firm pulse.

Re: triggering the sequencer via audio
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 06:32:27 AM »

Curious as to whether you figured this out. I am having the same issue. I'm also a little scared to experiment with hotter signals because I don't want to fry it.