Notes suddenly not triggering every time UNLESS in split or stacked mode!

So this just happened this morning — turned the synth on, and on any preset or setting it won't trigger every time I hit a key, but only if stacked or split isn't selected. If it's just a normal program mode that isn't stacked or split, maybe only 50% of hitting a key actually triggers sound to come out. You can hit the same key 4 or 5 times in a row before it makes sound, or you get lucky and it works the first time. But the moment you turn on stacked or split, it plays perfectly. This happens across any preset, any bank. It just... started doing this.

I didn't change any settings or do anything prior to it doing this behavior. Not sure what firmware I'm running, but I've had the synth about a year and a half and haven't updated the firmware since then. I can check what it is when I get home. It's an 8 voice model.

To reiterate simply—
Stacked or Split button on: works perfectly!
Those buttons not on: randomly triggers or doesn't trigger what keys I press

Anyone have this experience or have an idea how to fix it? Literally haven't changed a thing since the last time I played it, other than turning it on and off. It's never had this issue before.

Re: Notes suddenly not triggering every time UNLESS in split or stacked mode!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 07:25:14 AM »
So this just happened this morning — turned the synth on, and on any preset or setting it won't trigger every time I hit a key, but only if stacked or split isn't selected. If it's just a normal program mode that isn't stacked or split, maybe only 50% of hitting a key actually triggers sound to come out. You can hit the same key 4 or 5 times in a row before it makes sound, or you get lucky and it works the first time. But the moment you turn on stacked or split, it plays perfectly. This happens across any preset, any bank. It just... started doing this.

I didn't change any settings or do anything prior to it doing this behavior. Not sure what firmware I'm running, but I've had the synth about a year and a half and haven't updated the firmware since then. I can check what it is when I get home. It's an 8 voice model.

To reiterate simply—
Stacked or Split button on: works perfectly!
Those buttons not on: randomly triggers or doesn't trigger what keys I press

Anyone have this experience or have an idea how to fix it? Literally haven't changed a thing since the last time I played it, other than turning it on and off. It's never had this issue before.

Do you have both sets of outputs connected? If you do that the voices get distributed over the 2 sets. If you then have the second set not opened on the mixer you don't hear half of the voices.

Re: Notes suddenly not triggering every time UNLESS in split or stacked mode!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 07:32:42 AM »
No, just output A, which is going stereo out directly to my monitors. But now that you mention it... I can't check because I'm at work, but I just may have plugged one of the speakers into the B output  ::) Unplugged it from the monitors to go DI for some recording, plugged the monitors back in this morning... aaaaaaand this is sounding like perhaps the left monitor is plugged into B output. Will report back when I'm home from work!