The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

What is the meaning of the prefix ARC in many samples name ?

What is the meaning of the prefix ARC in many samples name ?
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:42:16 AM »
1) Reply to my Subject, plesae

2) Can I have some example using the "X-" named samples  ?

thank you

Nokki

Re: What is the meaning of the prefix ARC in many samples name ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 03:19:35 PM »
1) Reply to my Subject, plesae

2) Can I have some example using the "X-" named samples  ?

thank you

I would love to help if you could be a little more clear, honestly i have bo idea what you are reffering to :)

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 03:25:21 PM »
see the name, for example, of F/03.Brass type and instrument number 21 "Saxofone A ArcFar" 

Far is for distant, but Arc is for ?? many samaples name have the prefix "Arc" in their names

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 03:56:26 AM »
I believe ARC is simply short for Arco.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 05:30:28 AM »
Yes I know arco strings but not ArcoSaxofone  ArcoBrass ?

I believe ARC is simply short for Arco.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 08:49:56 AM »
Think of the “Arc” samples having a dynamic articulation that changes over the sample, as in a curve (or arc). So, instead of a single sustained sound, one that might evolve subtly. 8dio includes those type of samples throughout their sample libraries.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 08:32:21 PM »
Think of the “Arc” samples having a dynamic articulation that changes over the sample, as in a curve (or arc). So, instead of a single sustained sound, one that might evolve subtly. 8dio includes those type of samples throughout their sample libraries.

I think this is exactly it. If you notice with those samples there is a gradual build and decay. So I think you are 100% correct.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.