About 30% of my factory patches make no sound

About 30% of my factory patches make no sound
« on: November 15, 2019, 06:29:56 PM »
Audio outs are correct, 1 and 2. All things have been reset. Firmware has been updated.

Re: About 30% of my factory patches make no sound
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 07:52:58 AM »
I don’t think you’re going to get any results without more information here. We’re they previously making sounds? Are you running through a daw or other midi device? Are you controlling it with the attatched keyboard or is it a desktop module? Is it possibly set to be synced to external clock yet you’re not sending it one, therefore rendering all arpegiator/sequencer patches silent?

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 12:37:03 PM »
Were they previously making sounds?
No. The behaviour is consistent. Sometimes they are making a VERY faint sound, but mostly none at all.
Are you running through a daw or other midi device?
Yes. Either Logic Pro X or Ableton 10 and being controlled by an NI S88mkII and Codeknobs software. But again, most of the sounds seem fine. It's about one third where there is no sound.
Are you controlling it with the attatched keyboard or is it a desktop module?
Desktop unit. All connections and settings have been verified several times. Not my first rodeo. Not trying to be a smartass, but I've been doing this for a while which is why this is baffling me.
Is it possibly set to be synced to external clock yet you’re not sending it one, therefore rendering all arpegiator/sequencer patches silent?
Hmmmmm, I don't THINK so? Don't all the arp/seq patches light up their prospective indicators on the front of the unit when that is the patches purpose?

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »
Yes the light should indicate whether or not the patch has an arp or sequence. Patches with arp or seq but no clock would have been my first guess. Another thing you can check is if you’re in Multi Mode which uses the selected MIDI channel and the next higher one. Could your DAW be sending a MIDI signal on that channel, creating a loop? Might be worth disconnecting the DAW altogether and just connecting the controller to see if it’s something in the DAW routing or the unit itself.