LOADING SCREEN STUCK AFTER OS UPDATE! Show coming up tomorrow :(

LOADING SCREEN STUCK AFTER OS UPDATE! Show coming up tomorrow :(
« on: November 14, 2019, 07:25:50 AM »
Hey! Just today i thought about updating to the latest OS, to get rid of the unison clicking bug...Iv'e updated it with a USB stick.. it all went ok until i rebooted..after that the unit was frozen completely..Next i've downloaded the 2.1.1 Sysex from the forum here and did an update with sysEx librarian through midi....it completed..Now the loading screen shows up but freezes at 100% just before the synth should start...I've also tried a a factory program reset through sysEX but that stays at 0% and i snot updating...I've tried this 3 times now...i don't know what to do..and tomorrow i have a show coming up and cant find another unit to rent from here.....Any help is appreciated

Edit: Maybe a sysEx of the older version would help..the only one i found on the forum was 2.1.1..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:46:17 AM by istvan.illyes »

Re: LOADING SCREEN STUCK AFTER OS UPDATE! Show coming up tomorrow :(
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 10:30:45 AM »
I've Read alot of other comments on the topic, and it seems it happened to alot of people while importing user samples..For me , i've just tried updating the OS..Will i require a new hard drive? if so do they ship it to Europe...im confused...i really hope it can be resolved without me having to wait weeks or months as i've sold my other synth and wont have a full rig till then...

laurentluigi

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 10:52:03 AM »
Hello,
Sorry to ear that....
I had trouble like this last year after using for the first time the 8Dio sample tool.
 :-\
Sequential had to send me a new hard disk.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »
The problems people had around the end of last year when installing samples were confirmed as a firmware bug that has long since been fixed.  I haven’t heard of anyone having that particular issue since the 2.1 firmware was released, so I doubt it’s the same issue.

I have, however, seen one other report of a problem following a 2.1.1 beta that sounded similar.  Write to Sequential support and I’m sure they’ll get you up and running - they had no trouble resolving the issue with a quick support call the one other time I’m aware of.  The latest updating instructions indicate that you should wait ten seconds after the Prophet X finishes the update and asks to be powered off and back on.  That suggests that there’s a known issue with powering off too quickly after an update.  Is there any chance this was the case here?

laurentluigi

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 09:48:28 AM »
Hello,
Any news!??