Preferred memory stick?

Preferred memory stick?
« on: November 06, 2019, 02:33:38 PM »
Is there a brand of memory stick that anyone prefers? I've yet to update my OS; I want to do that, as well as purchase an add-on. Will I need separate memory sticks to do both tasks, and would I need a specific memory capacity for either? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:39:42 PM by Hapbarb »

Shaw

Re: Preferred memory stick?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:47:34 PM »
Is there a brand of memory stick that anyone prefers? I've yet to update my OS; I want to do that, as well as purchase an add-on. Will I need separate memory sticks to do both tasks, and would I need a specific memory capacity for either? Thanks!

I’ve used PNY and SanDisk, but pretty sure any would work. 
As for capacity, I’ve used 16GB and 32GB drives.
And I’m almost certain you can use the same USB drive for both updates and importing samples.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:40:53 PM »
I’ve used PNY and SanDisk, but pretty sure any would work. 
As for capacity, I’ve used 16GB and 32GB drives.
And I’m almost certain you can use the same USB drive for both updates and importing samples.

64GB drives are so cheap these days ($10-15) even from brands like SanDisk and PNY that I’ve also had good experiences with, that you might as well go with a reasonable size and a reputable name.  I use the same device for both firmware and samples, no problem.  Format it with the Prophet X to eliminate as many variables as possible and you shouldn’t have any trouble.

I like the low profile ones that barely stick out once inserted.  They can be slightly harder to remove, but not sticking out much means it’s much harder to accidentally apply leverage that damages the USB port on your keyboard.  That’s worth a lot in terms of peace of mind for me.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »
Shaw and Lady, thank you so much!