The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Pianobook "9000 Foot" Piano for Prophet X

Pianobook "9000 Foot" Piano for Prophet X
« on: November 03, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »
Spitfire Audio's Christian Henson started a project this year to encourage community contributions of samples to the his free pianobook.co.uk site.  One of the ones that caught my attention was a Yamaha baby grand recorded in its owners' retreat among the mountains of Colorado (hence the reference to the elevation at 9000 feet.)  It's now available for free in Prophet X form on the relevant project page.

I've added this link and a variety of others for samples prepared for the Prophet X using PXToolkit to the project's download page under the heading Downloadable Sounds.

laurentluigi

Re: Pianobook "9000 Foot" Piano for Prophet X
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 09:44:21 AM »
Hello,
I've just tried the 9000 foot Piano....
Awesome!!!!
Thanks Miss LadyGaia!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 09:36:32 PM »
Spitfire Audio's Christian Henson started a project this year to encourage community contributions of samples to the his free pianobook.co.uk site.  One of the ones that caught my attention was a Yamaha baby grand recorded in its owners' retreat among the mountains of Colorado (hence the reference to the elevation at 9000 feet.)  It's now available for free in Prophet X form on the relevant project page.

I've added this link and a variety of others for samples prepared for the Prophet X using PXToolkit to the project's download page under the heading Downloadable Sounds.

Thank you so much for making the Prophet X community so awesome Lady Gaia! I'd really love to load your 9,000 Foot Piano presets, but I have the BlueWave presets in U4 and I would like to avoid overwriting them if I can. Are there any quick tweaks I can make to the sysex file to load into U2 instead? Much appreciated!

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 11:40:24 PM »
Thank you so much for making the Prophet X community so awesome Lady Gaia! I'd really love to load your 9,000 Foot Piano presets, but I have the BlueWave presets in U4 and I would like to avoid overwriting them if I can. Are there any quick tweaks I can make to the sysex file to load into U2 instead? Much appreciated!

If you're comfortable with a hex editor to manipulate the file directly?  Sure.  The single preset SysEx format for the Prophet X is actually documented in the manual, but for convenience here's a summary of the relevant bits:

The SysEx dump for a single preset should begin with:

F0 01 30 02 <bank> <program>

The <bank> for my original 9000ft Piano preset is 03 (User banks 1-4 are numbered 00, 01, 02, and 03 respectively.)  The <program> for my preset is 7F which corresponds to slot 128 in the bank (again, zero indexed so 00 = 1, 01 = 2, all the way to 7F (127 in hexadecimal) = 128.)  If you're confident you know what you're doing you can edit this directly and then send the altered file to your Prophet X to load it.

If all this sounds unfamiliar or you're otherwise uncomfortable with it, you can always just make a copy of the preset in bank 4, slot 128 before loading the existing piano preset, then copy that to where you want it, and copy the backup you made into 4/128 again to restore that bank to the way it was.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
The other day, I posted some a quick method using xxd(1) on the command line to change the SysEx file in this post, in case that's something you're comfortable with: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3942.msg41188.html#msg41188

It's basically doing the same as what Lady Gaia describes.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 09:20:48 PM »
Thank you so much!