Prophet X 8dio add on OBX !

Johnny fingers 01

• Drummer, Guitarist, Keyboards, Master of none!
Prophet X 8dio add on OBX !
« on: October 19, 2019, 01:03:48 PM »
Hello, I have just purchased the Prophet X and the OBX add on. I want to be able to create the Sample & Hold as heard in the song The Camera Eye by Rush. I have created this sound on a Roland FA-06 and it's not bad, So I am hoping to be able to nail the sound on the Prophet X ! anyone already done this and have tips? When I get close to recreating this I will save the program and share with anyone that ever wanted it also. So glad that 8dio sampled the great OBX ! So thick and rich and that Dave Smith built the Prophet X.
My keyboards !  Roland Jupiter 80, Fa-06, Juno 60, OB6, Rev 2, Prophet X, Nord A1, Korg MS2000, Studiologic SL 88, Moog Taurus pedals, A big bunch of Drum Machines. Akai MPC X.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
Re: Prophet X 8dio add on OBX !
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:14:57 AM »
Hello, I have just purchased the Prophet X and the OBX add on. I want to be able to create the Sample & Hold as heard in the song The Camera Eye by Rush. I have created this sound on a Roland FA-06 and it's not bad, So I am hoping to be able to nail the sound on the Prophet X ! anyone already done this and have tips? When I get close to recreating this I will save the program and share with anyone that ever wanted it also. So glad that 8dio sampled the great OBX ! So thick and rich and that Dave Smith built the Prophet X.
Hi Johnny, thanks for sharing, let us know. I also downloaded and installed the OBX add-on but haven't played much with it yet except for the Tom Sawyer patch ..... loving it ;-)

Did you try the new 8Dio  Prodigy add on? It sounds massive and deep, getting very close to the old Moog sound.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

Johnny fingers 01

• Drummer, Guitarist, Keyboards, Master of none!
Re: Prophet X 8dio add on OBX !
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »
Hello Gerry ! I will download the Prodigy next ! The Sawyer bass is very cool. I have always loved the Oberheim Synths and of course Moog! I'm getting very close on the Camera Eye program, As soon as I feel it's spot on I will post a sample of it for anyone that could use it. Thanks for replying !
My keyboards !  Roland Jupiter 80, Fa-06, Juno 60, OB6, Rev 2, Prophet X, Nord A1, Korg MS2000, Studiologic SL 88, Moog Taurus pedals, A big bunch of Drum Machines. Akai MPC X.