Prophet 12 module question

Prophet 12 module question
« on: October 19, 2019, 10:18:33 AM »
I am interested in buying a Prophet 12 module.  With fewer knobs, does it still have the programability of the keyboard version? How?  Do the knobs double up on functions?

Re: Prophet 12 module question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:19:46 PM »
I am interested in buying a Prophet 12 module.  With fewer knobs, does it still have the programability of the keyboard version? How?  Do the knobs double up on functions?

I have the module - what you described is pretty much how it works.   The module has the same functionality of the key version.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 12:33:04 AM »
OK, thanks, so the knobs do double up on functions?  Right.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »
Aside from Filter Cutoff, Resonance, Volume and Distortion which are hardcoded potentiometers.
There are 4 so called "Soft-Knobs" giving you access to all the parameters of a single module you selected.
So for example to edit Oscillator2 you press the hardcoded button "OSC2". The display will now show the properties of osc 2 which spread over 4 pages accessible via the soft buttons below the display. Each Page for the osc contains 4 values being altered by the aforementioned soft-knobs.

So essentially when creating a patch you will use the same 4 knobs over and over with different properties selected.