Effects are not changing with program change

Effects are not changing with program change
« on: October 14, 2019, 06:48:40 AM »
I recently upgraded to the REV2 from a Prophet 08 . Connected the the REV2 via MIDI to my Kronos the same way I did with my 08. Programs change messages are sent out the Kronos to the REV2 and the REV2 is changing to the correct programs, (but the effects which are saved with the patch are not loading and the effect led is ON but not playing). Do I have to send another different MIDI message to the REV2 to get the effects to change along with the program? Anyone else have this issue?

jok3r

Re: Effects are not changing with program change
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »
That's unusual. I'm doing the same, sending Program Changes from my Kronos to Rev2 and everything works fine. Did you try to reset your Globals? I'm running the latest Beta firmware on my Rev2. Which version are you running?
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:39 AM »
Yes I reset Rev2 global. 1.1.5.9 is that the latest? Maybe getting the LSB and MSB on the Kronos wrong even though the programs are changing to correct patches. When I use the program dial to go back one patch, and and then dial it back to the program the effects load correctly.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:52:17 AM by Logic Song »

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 04:17:53 PM »
See if you get a difference when switching midi between CC and NRPN because one of them (can’t remember which and I’m not home) makes it so that I can’t change any parameters in the LFO section.