I was trying to make some patches today,

just simple sawtooth and saw+triangle

A :

Aux Envelope dest : OSC frequencies
                    Amount : -127

B :
Aux Envelope dest : OSC frequencies
                    Amount : +127

I was trying to make a patch that sound few notes from lower register going up, few notes from higher register going down so that both A&B can creates some nice strong PAD like sound.

it's weird cuz when I hit the keys there is no sound, and I changed few parameter and push stack buttons few times(on/off few times) it does sounds, and whenever I save this patch and hit keys again, there is no sound at all.

maybe it's a bug? or do I something wrong?

Re: sound design Q : maybe it's a bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 04:39:52 PM »
Amount 127!?! It’s very likely that you’re simply putting the osc out of audible range immediately. That’s...a deep pitch change.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 07:22:46 PM »
Amount 127!?! It’s very likely that you’re simply putting the osc out of audible range immediately. That’s...a deep pitch change.

yeah, it's kind of James Blake's fx ish sound I was after, but wasn't able to do it. I'll experiment with another value as well and report back.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 05:42:39 AM »
yeah, it's kind of James Blake's fx ish sound I was after, but wasn't able to do it. I'll experiment with another value as well and report back.
If you haven't already seen it, check out the "Appendix F" thread.  It may save you some time experimenting.  You'll see in that thread that a pitch modulation of 127 is more than 5 octaves.  For "a few notes" you probably need a mod amount of about 5.  You also didn't mention the other settings for Envelope 3.  That could be part of the problem.