S Y Z Y G Y X Gets their EVOLVER !!

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
S Y Z Y G Y X Gets their EVOLVER !!
« on: September 10, 2019, 08:56:52 PM »
Annnnnnnndeeeen we JUST purchased an excellent condition DSI Mono Evolver Desktop!  We have a Prophet Rev2 that we absolutely adore sooooo much.  This synth Can hit on so many different techniques and flavors it’s amazing!  Plus the fact that DSI instruments all out of the box, all have such sonically rich depth in their instrument’s Stereo Field, (compared to any other synthesizer “Moog Subsequent 37” “Korg Minilogue XD”    my mind was already made up, and ready for the trip to Hell and back to go score our DSI Evolver!  Well He’s home in his Studio now and the sounds that I am effortlessly able to coax out of this lil’ box of a machine, are hands down some of the most aggressive, crunchy, warm, Rubbery,  FAT, metallic, edge on a carbon steel blade sounding patches!!!  I thought my dream GAS synth for timbres like this would be the Moog Subsequent 37...I love the Subsequent, oh do I love it, but in no way can it come close to making sounds anywhere near what the Evolver can make! 

A mono synth has always been made to be just that, one note at a time with no stereo ear candy.  I’ve always been fine with that...until now!  For me, the Mono Evolver is the ultimate monosynth !  I hope to make sweet love to it, time upon time 🥰  Evolver - we love you 🖤
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Re: S Y Z Y G Y X Gets their EVOLVER !!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 09:41:43 PM »
Very pleased to hear this. I'm pretty sure there's an admin lurking who'll keep us safe from any detailed "sweet lovemakings," but I hope you'll post some of the fruits of your Evolver's loins.

I hadn't used mine in a while, but plugged it in not long back and recorded a few new tracks with it. I'm normally a "Oh, I don't use presets" snob, but the sounds that came programmed by the DSI elves are utterly brilliant.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 12:11:04 PM »
Hahah I will def post up some freaky sounds of this beast.  It’s an amazing sounding synth, I mean to have a Mono synth able to have stereo separation on sound is incredible!  I don’t know why more synth companies don’t do that, and I don’t care about added cost as I would gladly pay any extra amount to have stereo filters and outputs!!

SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 07:46:21 PM »
Hahah I will def post up some freaky sounds of this beast.  It’s an amazing sounding synth, I mean to have a Mono synth able to have stereo separation on sound is incredible!  I don’t know why more synth companies don’t do that, and I don’t care about added cost as I would gladly pay any extra amount to have stereo filters and outputs!!

I've been using my Evolver in a funny double-duty mode... I was low on mixer channels, so I ran the stereo outs of my TR-707 into the stereo ins of the Evolver, which has a bank of groovy audio processing patches. I used a clean patch if I needed the drum machine straight, but usually I'd tweak the Evolver to get the drums doing all sorts of good, dumb things.