Ext Input as modulation destination

Ext Input as modulation destination
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:01:36 AM »
During a long drive I had one of my, 'Ah I should try this on the Pro 2!' thoughts.

Am I wrong in thinking that Ext Input Level isn't a mod destination? I know it's not in the original list, and it's unlikely I've missed it in an update.. but you know, hopeful.

My plan was to combine a synth sequence with a live trumpet that was being gated with changing levels by the sequencer.

Re: Ext Input as modulation destination
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 01:44:39 PM »
ext input is indeed "just" a mod source.
Closest thing i can imagine would be splitting the oscillators, having yr sequence played only by osc1 and osc2 which run through the Prophet-Filter and then modulating the Oberheim-Filter by sequence or synced LFO.
Using Oscillator-Split the external source is squashed through the OB-Filter only!
So u can rhytmically cut frequencies out of your trumpet play or enforce them with resonance, while the 2 voice sequence is running freely.

Using the env-follower as mod source for osc3+4 lvl you could back up your trumpet with some brassy supersaws.

I only ran drum machines through the ext.in so far, so I´m sure there´s more good stuff to it.

Re: Ext Input as modulation destination
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 02:23:21 AM »
Good thoughts and ideas - will have a go at this!