Roland Fantom

jok3r

Roland Fantom
« on: September 05, 2019, 04:22:02 AM »
It seem's like there's a new Roland Fantom line up...

... just for the case that anybody is interested in workstations...
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

OceanMachine

Re: Roland Fantom
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 08:14:56 AM »
I'm not on the market for a workstation, but this thing sounds really good & has a smart overall design to boot.

jok3r

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »
As far as details are published, it doesn‘t seem to have a user multi(!)sample option. I rely on that very much with my Kronos, since I cannot bring every synth I own to the gig. I also think 4x128 „scenes“ is not very much space for saving songs/setups/... and I didn‘t see a setlist function so far. The demos sound very good.

It seems to be even heavier than a Kronos 88, which is also not what I want to have.

At the moment it doesn‘t seem to be the Kronos killer I‘m waiting for, but at least it seems to be almost there. Perhaps the missing features (for me) were not mentioned so far.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

OceanMachine

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 07:43:22 AM »
As far as details are published, it doesn‘t seem to have a user multi(!)sample option. I rely on that very much with my Kronos, since I cannot bring every synth I own to the gig.

https://youtu.be/0spqtaHkH5A?t=1199

jok3r

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 01:22:40 PM »
So I should look at this machine again, when (and if) those promised updates are actually coming. I don‘t buy stuff on promises ;-) I can‘t understand why Roland didn‘t implement this from the very start.

For me the whole point of a workstation is playing all my synth (that have no place in the live rig) from one keyboard and control my complete other stuff with it. So it should better be very good in that domains ;-)