Moog have been bought out

chysn

Re: Moog have been bought out
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 07:57:55 AM »
Interesting
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 07:59:03 AM »
I suppose this is a matter of survival in the present economic and supply circumstances, but I always hate to see the little guys join the giant guys and mix with everyone else.  It poses a threat to uniqueness and distinctiveness. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:40:07 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 11:26:03 AM »
I think they did well to stay independent for nearly two decades since Bob Moog’s passing. I guess with all the supply chain issues since the pandemic it gives companies like this little choice. Hopefully they retain their autonomy!

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 02:30:19 PM »
So it goes.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 06:17:50 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how things go going forward. To be honest though, ever since the Moog One they really haven't done anything that interesting compared to other brands. At least to me and especially for their asking prices.

Shaw

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 09:38:32 PM »
I’m disappointed at this news.  I suspect this will not bode well for the quality of Moog products in the future. 

… I really DO hope that I am dead wrong.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 09:57:59 PM »
I’m disappointed at this news.  I suspect this will not bode well for the quality of Moog products in the future. 

I’ve been pleasantly content by the Focusrite/Sequential situation thus far I’m not convinced this will be the case here.

Shaw

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 03:36:27 AM »

I’ve been pleasantly content by the Focusrite/Sequential situation thus far I’m not convinced this will be the case here.

I think the Focusrite / Sequential situation is different.  Focusrite has always produced good to excellent quality gear.

Looking at some of inMusic’s other acquisitions…

Before being acquired, Alesis developed and produced synths such as the Quadrasynth, the QS series, and of course, the Andromeda.  Alesis has since fallen from prominence in the world of cutting edge synthesis.

Akai lead the way in the 80s and 90s in digital sampling manufacturing dozens of keyboard and rack mounted sampling instruments culminating in the Z8 (2002?), but also produced the AX series analog synths.  Since being acquired…. Not so much.   The have the MPC series, but (in the age of computers, DAWS, and virtual instruments) I wouldn’t call that groundbreaking.

The rest of inMusic’s catalogue is even less impressive.

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2023, 05:48:41 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how things go going forward. To be honest though, ever since the Moog One they really haven't done anything that interesting compared to other brands. At least to me and especially for their asking prices.

I feel similarly.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

LPF83

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023, 07:45:53 AM »
A year or so ago when I saw the following video,  I couldn't help but think that future consequences of this sort of employee activism weren't being adequately thought through.  Not wanting to get political here, and certainly not taking sides, just saying it seemed handled in a way that was very knee-jerk and juvenile and did not reflect well on anyone.

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2023, 08:20:55 AM »
A year or so ago when I saw the following video,  I couldn't help but think that future consequences of this sort of employee activism weren't being adequately thought through.  Not wanting to get political here, and certainly not taking sides, just saying it seemed handled in a way that was very knee-jerk and juvenile and did not reflect well on anyone.

Moog...acting juvenile? Preposterous.

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 01:05:38 PM »
Note: Please stay on topic and refrain from politics or political speculations. Thank you.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 02:02:50 PM »
558 -

Paul was kind enough to warn you about getting political in this thread, but you ignored him with another post.  We all have our points of view on such issues, but we don't inflict this music forum with them.  Ultimately, you're causing division and getting people angry.  If you must express your political opinions and conspiracy theories, I encourage you to do so, but elsewhere.  There are more than enough Internet sites where you may have such debates, but this is not one of them.  Please stick with the topic of the thread.

In order to get this discussion back on track, I'm deleting your last two posts before this degenerates into a pointless argument.  If you're not aware, this forum is known for its civility and decency - qualities that require constant vigilance. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 08:19:33 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2023, 06:07:31 PM »