Overwrite Factory Preset

Overwrite Factory Preset
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:52:39 AM »
dear sequential crew, i know this came up a few times. but i bring it up once again.

please allow the user to overwrite the factory presets on the p6 and ob6 from the synth. yes maybe i don't need 1000 slots, maybe i do. why shouldn't i be allowed to use the available space the way i like?

i don't like most of the presets, but i have to wade through them every time i'm looking for that damn bass patch.

if i play a live performance, i could use one of the banks to copy and arrange my patches in a logical order.

because there's no screen for naming presets, i'd like to use a bank per sound category. i'll never ever memorize that string on 749 or the lead on 325. but if all my strings are in bank 5, im able to find it in reasonable time.

i paid premium money for 1000 slots why can't i use em?

Kja

Re: Overwrite Factory Preset
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:51:30 AM »
You can, I forgot how, but you can copy the presets 1-500 to 500-1000. That way you can use those presets. I'm sure somebody will chime in and say how.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 01:57:35 PM »
You can, I forgot how, but you can copy the presets 1-500 to 500-1000. That way you can use those presets. I'm sure somebody will chime in and say how.

yes you can overwrite 500-1000 but i think only via midi. but you can't edit and save or delete them on the synth itself.

AlanC

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 03:13:52 PM »
It may well be the same as the OB-6, as mentioned on this thread: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,2430.0.html

You can copy the user banks to the factory banks by holding down both transpose buttons (keyboard) or Hold and Portamento (desktop) and pressing 0, or copy the factory banks to the user banks by holding down the same combination and pressing 9. The display will then show -1- and count to -5- as the banks are copied.

If you decide to try this then please play safe by making a backup of the user memory first, and have a copy of the factory presets available https://www.sequential.com/prophet-6-factory-sounds/ in case you want to restore them.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 07:06:01 PM »
It may well be the same as the OB-6, as mentioned on this thread: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,2430.0.html

You can copy the user banks to the factory banks by holding down both transpose buttons (keyboard) or Hold and Portamento (desktop) and pressing 0, or copy the factory banks to the user banks by holding down the same combination and pressing 9. The display will then show -1- and count to -5- as the banks are copied.

If you decide to try this then please play safe by making a backup of the user memory first, and have a copy of the factory presets available https://www.sequential.com/prophet-6-factory-sounds/ in case you want to restore them.

This is awesome! You guys describe it as copying the user banks to the factory ones. Are they stuck just being mirrors of the patches or once copied do they effectively work just like 500 more user patches?

Kja

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 03:21:56 AM »
No they remain copy protected, that's the only way though on the synth itself.

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »
No they remain copy protected, that's the only way though on the synth itself.
I just updated the Soundtower software to the latest version, and as I was going thru some of the factory presets (to just experience again how bad they are) I overwrote one of them (patch 709). I found that in Soundtower 1.63 I can freely move patches and edit them...on my OB-6 keyed version. as always, I can modify the patches but can't save them on the synth (in banks 5-9)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 06:04:32 PM by shmuelyosef »
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments