HELLO MY MATES ! I'm back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO MY MATES ! I'm back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 16, 2019, 06:55:16 PM »
  i m feeling soooooo relieved to be back with my family.

it took me a "hundredthousand years" to succeed in to be able to get in here, but the most lovely guys from dsi helped me

to sign up successfully

my steady tries of registration failed and my grey hair on my head tripled in number

but now i m here withyou again and i m the most lucky man on this planet to be here iside.

i looked around in the net after the old dsi forum and didn t find it any more..

in november 16 i had a stroke and a severe brain surgery with subsequent complications.

i had been sitting in a wheel chaire for one year till my family doctor canceled a certain medicine that caused alzheimer

after he d done after 3 days i could stand up and walk normally...

after one year of rahab i m the most happy man to be back home with my synths and have now my own notebook to

comunicate comfortably.

i m longing for the discussions in the old dsi forum and havn t found it any more

now i lust to discus with you again about th 08 and so on.................

where are my lovely mates like elmquist an ao ?????????????

all what i remember is that analog organist changed his profile completely and canceled all his threads and posts in the

old dsi forum.....

AO are you also here ..............if yes, gimme high five, and of course all the other lovly mates..............

i m sooooooooooooooooo lucky to be back again

cheers,

christian

p.s. isn t it possible to add signatures
if yes, can s.o. tell me how it works ?????????????????
gear list:

TONUS (ARP 2600) rhodes chroma, moog t2, minimoog, polymoog
moog t1, s&h sample and hold gen., nord electro 3, prophet 08 keyboard, prophet 08 module, roland re 501 chorus echo, roland re 20 space echo, LP guitar, and mesa boogie eqipment

Sacred Synthesis

Re: HELLO MY MATES ! I'm back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 06:06:20 PM »
Welcome to the "new" forum, Megavoice.  This is The Analog Organist - now Sacred Synthesis around here.  Thank God you survived your health crises.  I'm happy for you!  I think you'll find most of the guys from the old forum here, although Elmquist (now dslsynth) has not been active for quite a while.  And of course, DSI has reverted back to the old name, Sequential, has grown into a larger company, and the Prophet '08 has been retired and replaced by the Prophet Rev2.   

I hope you enjoy this new forum.  It's different from the old one - more technical, as Sequential's instruments have evolved in their complexity.  The old forum was completely neglected, and in the end was filled with spam.  Then DSI started this official forum, and basically everybody jumped over here.

If you want to add a signature, click Profile at the top of the page; a menu will come down.  Then click Forum Profile.  A page will open with the signature box near the bottom.  You can also add links to your other sites and an avatar.  Let me know if you need help with any of this.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:53:50 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:51:58 AM »
hello ao, i m soooooooooooooooooooo happy to have you still here and i hope the others chime in too :)

what about the rev 2 ? is it far more better than the 08, and can i upgrade my normal version ?

and i don t want to be unpolite, i cannot remember if you published your first name ? i d like to address you more personally in the future....tell, if you like.

cheers

christian

p.s. and thank you for your signature hint..you see i proceeded successfully
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:58:16 AM by megavoice »
gear list:

moog t1, s&h sample and hold gen., nord electro 3, prophet 08 keyboard, prophet 08 module, roland re 501 chorus echo, roland re 20 space echo, LP guitar, and mesa boogie eqipment

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
The Rev2 is not an upgrade, but a new instrument - a Prophet '08 revised, improved, expanded, and etcetera.  Here's a list of the Rev2's additional features:

-   Wave shape modulation of all 4 waveforms
-   Sub octave on oscillator 1
-   Expanded modulation matrix (8 individual slots)
-   Onboard digital effects per layer: reverb, chorus, flanger, phase shifter, standard and BBD delays, ring modulation, and distortion
-   Polyphonic step sequencer per layer (in addition to the old gated step sequencer)
-   512 factory programs and 512 editable user programs (4 banks of 128 each)
-   Sixteen voice polyphony (or eight)
-   New OLED display
-   Improved keyboard
-   Integrated power supply (no "wall wart")
-   USB
-   Added glide and glide rate/time parameters
-   Added HOLD button
-   Redesigned modulation section that allows for immediate selection of sources and destinations (press down the according button and move the parameter that should be the modulator or modulated)
-   Easier to select LFO shapes; also an added button
-   LFO clock sync
-   Added tap tempo button in the clock section
-   Easier to operate sequencer section
-   Easier to select oscillator wave shapes; also an added button
-   Added SHAPE MOD, SUB OCTAVE, and OSC SLOP parameters
-   Oscillator slop based on the Prophet 12, Pro 2, Prophet-6, and OB-6

Is the Rev2 better?  Most people enthusiastically say it is, but some prefer the old P'08.  Personally, I don't really have an opinion, because I haven't yet tried the new instrument. 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:15:52 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 04:28:14 PM »
Welcome back, megavoice. I'm glad you've recovered from what must have been a tough experience.

I used to go by the moniker "Poptones" in the old forum. Not sure if you can remember, but I can definitely remember you.

Elmquist/dslsynth has disappeared completely since last December. Of the old gang, you'll still find Razmo and chysn here to name a few.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
Welcome back, megavoice. I'm glad you've recovered from what must have been a tough experience.

I used to go by the moniker "Poptones" in the old forum. Not sure if you can remember, but I can definitely remember you.

Elmquist/dslsynth has disappeared completely since last December. Of the old gang, you'll still find Razmo and chysn here to name a few.

hello paul,

i m sorry i don t remember you but i can remember chysn, but thank you, for chiming in. i hope some others ll do as well

i ll be happy, if they ll do too

i d be grateful for every little sign of loveliness, after facing the death in that manner

in the rehab center i had three room partners i had to accompany to death suffering from their blood pressure medicin,

they had to take regularly and i had to be marter of the decreasing confession when the pope came

i also have to take 5 pills a day and i asked my family doctor about their danger, but he s told not to bother about.

despite i m a bit scared in total..........................

@ sacered synth

you dont want me to tell your firstname ??? I cannot call you ao because it isn t actual any more....

and as a german i have great problems with the abbrevation ss.............

of course i allowe you and everyone else to go on calling me mv, but NEVER say chris to me because this is a guardian

name

you can also call me dracula, if you want, as i m a transylvanian german.....................

but now back  to the subject,

first, thank you for your detailed description of the rev 2................very interresting
secondly,
what about your gear....do you still go with the 08, and i remember you had the poly-evolver, and you had been telling us about a new house you bought...are you still happy with ??????????????????

cheers,

christian
gear list:

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 03:31:19 PM »
Yes, I still have the Prophet '08s and Poly Evolvers.  I've had some equipment up for sale, though, in the hope of financing one or two Rev2s.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 04:51:34 PM »
Yes, I still have the Prophet '08s and Poly Evolvers.  I've had some equipment up for sale, though, in the hope of financing one or two Rev2s.

o.k. do your gear work well or had you malfunctions.

my 08 keyboard one day showed an unnatural prolonged release time on one voice and i sent the diagnostics to dsi, and they ve found out that a chip has to be replaced and i ve been recommended a tech here who se been bound to them and no other tech was allowed to put his hands on.
luckily i knew that tech with great reputations and he was the only one who was permitted to use dsi s schematics, and he did a fine job and i had to pay 80 bucks in total for the fixing.....................

my own tech said at that time, he hadn t been able to proceed micro solderings on modern chips anyway so i bleeded the 80ies.....and before, that chip goodbyed himself without being in action for a longer time

cheers,

christian
gear list:

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 05:26:28 PM »
My instruments are running in tip-top condition, except for one slow note on my P'08.  It's probably a matter of cleaning the note, which I've done before.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »
My instruments are running in tip-top condition, except for one slow note on my P'08.  It's probably a matter of cleaning the note, which I've done before.

congrats, as for the note, try to play it rapidly for a while, if it doesn t react open up and clean.

ultima ratio is of course contacting the sequencer guys.............as you know the re extrordinary helpful and VERY NICE :)

cheers
gear list: