Poly aftertouch incomplete

Poly aftertouch incomplete
« on: August 16, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »
Aftertouch on my OB6 had 6 destinations: vco1 and 2, lfo amt, loudness, filter freq and filter mode.  These are supposed to respond to poly aftertouch.  5 do but lfo amt doesn't; it affects all 6 voices equally.  Is this omission fixable with firmware?  I want poly aftertouch to give me vibrato on an individual note and this doesn't seem possible.  So it's not really capable of receiving poly aftertouch properly???:

Re: Poly aftertouch incomplete
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:36:53 AM »
There's only one single LFO on the synth, so poly aftertouch can't address it per-voice. It receives poly aftertouch properly, it just can't control a function the synth doesn't have.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »
Dur, of course thanks :)

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »
Not an aftertouch solution, but you can use Osc 2 as an LFO, though you sacrifice an oscillator.  This arrangement allows all the key presses to trigger LFO (osc 2) at different times so each vibrato per note will all be a little different. (meaning they are not in sync).   Might get you closer to what you want.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 12:56:13 AM »
No I've thought about this some more, one LFO is fine (well it's not, but in the context of my question it is).  One LFO could be applied to multiple voices seperately if there is one VCA per voice.  I'm not asking for each voice to have a seperate LFO, just that the one LFO is applied to each voice depending on the level of AT for that voice.  The answer depends on whether there is a single VCA at the output of the LFO that feeds each voice equally, or if there is a VCA at the input of each voice, ie 6 VCAs?  If 6 VCAs then a firmware change could tell each VCA to let through a different level of the LFO depending on AT to that voice.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:21:11 AM by Channelizer »