Double Keyboard Sequential

Double Keyboard Sequential
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:26:36 AM »
I have seen a lot of people asking for stuff on the Prophet keyboards & was wondering if we will ever get a dual keyboard/or simple upgrade to enable a DSI keyboard to facilitate an organ type stack. Of course more voices integrated into the added keyboard.
 I guess somewhere along the way that was uncool for synths(except the Prophet 10).
So what is the reasoning here?

Prophet-6, Korg M3,Petros Classical Guitar, Gibson ES 339, Blackstar HT20,Pigtronix PK, Cry Baby, Aqua Puss. Roland VS840GX.

LoboLives

Re: Double Keyboard Sequential
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 03:31:21 AM »
I have seen a lot of people asking for stuff on the Prophet keyboards & was wondering if we will ever get a dual keyboard/or simple upgrade to enable a DSI keyboard to facilitate an organ type stack. Of course more voices integrated into the added keyboard.
 I guess somewhere along the way that was uncool for synths(except the Prophet 10).
So what is the reasoning here?

I've already asked Dave about this and he said there's no way. He wants to keep everything small although let's be honest...

This does look breathtaking. What I would do is have 4 octaves on he upper portion and 5 octaves on the lower. Hopefully there would be some type of device that allows this but more than likely it would just increase the polyphony. What made the Prophet 10 awesome was you could have a sequence running with one type of sound while you did a lead with another patch.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »
I would love to see a two-manual Prophet again, but I certainly don't expect to.  Dave has said publically that he wouldn't repeat the Prophet 10.  So, I've tried to create the next best thing.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 10:46:08 AM »
I would love to see a two-manual Prophet again, but I certainly don't expect to.  Dave has said publically that he wouldn't repeat the Prophet 10.  So, I've tried to create the next best thing.

hehehehe  nicely done. a rather flat key under the prophet/OB and a desktop version on top could make good combos and could have those close keys

new FX in P6 are awesome

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
The problem with this arrangement is that, due to the control panel on the lower P'08, the upper P'08 cannot be pulled close enough.  I would prefer to have the proper two-manual organ/Prophet 10 arrangement, with one keyboard immediately over the other.  That way, you can easily play notes simultaneously on both manuals with one hand.  This has many musical advantages.  So, I would prefer a DSI Prophet 16 to two Prophet '08s.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:06:47 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »
I suppose it would be possible to somehow construct a case built around a Prophet 6 but with something similar to this

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XKLMpro

Another Desktop modual controlling the bottom half and houses above the Prophet 6 keyboard...I suppose with some work it's possible.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 02:02:05 PM »
Better yet, you could buy a Hammond SK-2 and use it to control modules.  I had thought of doing this, but I never pursued it.  It's an expensive way to obtain the ideal keyboard arrangement before the actual synthesizer portion has even been added.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:25:09 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:04:04 PM »
Better yet, you could buy a Hammond SK-2 and use it to control modules.  I had thought of doing this, but I never pursued it.  It's an expensive way to obtain the ideal keyboard arrangement before the actual synthesizer portion has even been added.

I think I might look into constructing something as I love the Prophet 10. I think with a 5 octave midi keybed with after touch and another P6 module and some carpentry it could very well work. I'll do some sketches and see if I can figure out a way to do it.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 04:56:47 PM »
I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 09:21:15 AM »
Not really sure what this is, but it has 2 manuals.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:26:10 AM by Paul Dither »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 09:24:29 AM »
Can you give a link?  For whatever reason, the image is not coming up.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
Can you give a link?  For whatever reason, the image is not coming up.

Fixed.

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 09:27:27 AM »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 09:36:56 AM »
Ooooh.  Aaaah.  I guess I need an engineer to create the instruments I'm looking for.  :(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:41:55 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 09:43:51 AM »
Ooooh.  Aaaah.  I guess I need an engineer to create the instruments I'm looking for.  :(

I think it's all good as long as it doesn't look like the equivalent to this:

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
That's just a snapshot of a guy dropping his guitar.  Silly.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 09:53:22 AM »
Seriously though, I think "Vintage Vibe" could do the job. They usually do electro-mechanical pianos and restore Rhodes and Wurlitzer pianos, but they also used to maintain synths and they design custom housings for digital pianos too. It's rather a matter of carpenter craftsmanship and rearranging the building blocks than engineering. It could end up being pricey though.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »
For a dozen reasons, I think I'm stuck with my P'08 pair as they are, and that's not a complaint.  My real issue is with the monophonic synthesizer quandary.  Now that's turned into a brain twister.

By the way, Sweetwater now has the OB-6.  Mmmm...

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 03:09:15 AM »
Oh well I guess I could always remove the M3 module & stack the Prophet 6 on it ...just doesn't seem worth it.
Prophet-6, Korg M3,Petros Classical Guitar, Gibson ES 339, Blackstar HT20,Pigtronix PK, Cry Baby, Aqua Puss. Roland VS840GX.

LoboLives

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »
I guess you could get two M-Audio Keystations and place them on top of each other with two Prophet 6 moduels over top of the two side by side. Although I'm not sure the keystations have aftertouch. Plus the keys themselves aren't like on the Prophet so unless there is a controller out there that is the size of the keystation and have aftertouch with more synth oriented keys as opposed to piano keys this is probably the best option I can think of.