Arpeggiator Q

Arpeggiator Q
« on: August 15, 2019, 12:40:41 PM »
When playing the arpeggiator there is sometimes a short lag before the note starts. It is like the key doesn't trigger the note instantly. Is there any setting for this? So it always starts with the note when a key is pressed?

jg666

Re: Arpeggiator Q
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »
When playing the arpeggiator there is sometimes a short lag before the note starts. It is like the key doesn't trigger the note instantly. Is there any setting for this? So it always starts with the note when a key is pressed?

Could it be the Beat Sync setting?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 10:49:32 PM »
Does it have Beat sync? I didn't know that. It is not in the manual. Maybe it is in the latest OS which I have installed. If so, can it be turned off?...

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »
Could it be the Beat Sync setting?

I see now it is in the Manual addendum 1.4. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:35:26 PM by saxomohawh »

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 07:30:36 AM »
Actually Beat sync is turned off, and I still have this behaviour. I have OS 1.4.0.1. It would be great if someone could try this. It is most obvious if the tempo is set to a very low value.

jg666

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 07:41:46 AM »
Is it any particular preset it happens on? Does it happen the first time you start the arp for that preset or is it on 2nd time activation if you know what i mean?

Edit - there is a later version of the OS available but i don’t know if that will fix something like this
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:43:38 AM by jg666 »
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 07:49:44 AM »
Is it any particular preset it happens on? Does it happen the first time you start the arp for that preset or is it on 2nd time activation if you know what i mean?
It seems to be every patch, but for example P6 F5 BoneDryBass. I dont know what you mean first or second time.. I would say everytime. Doesnt matter if I turn off/on. I would be interested to know if it is a known bug, that has been fixed, before I download a new OS.

jg666

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
It seems to be every patch, but for example P6 F5 BoneDryBass. I dont know what you mean first or second time.. I would say everytime. Doesnt matter if I turn off/on. I would be interested to know if it is a known bug, that has been fixed, before I download a new OS.

I can confirm the same happens for me. I've probably not noticed it before as I don't normally use a very slow BPM. I've also just realised that I'm on the same OS as you, I was sure I'd put the latest on but I haven't. I'm going to install the latest now on mine because I always like to be up to date :)

jg666

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 08:48:39 AM »
OK I've updated mine to the latest OS and it seems to have cured that problem :)

At first I thought it hadn't but then I realised that after the update, Beat Sync had been set to 'On' so I turned it off and then remembered to do a Reset Globals as well.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 09:06:32 AM »
OK I've updated mine to the latest OS and it seems to have cured that problem :)

At first I thought it hadn't but then I realised that after the update, Beat Sync had been set to 'On' so I turned it off and then remembered to do a Reset Globals as well.
Great to hear that! Thanks! Sounds like I'll have to update the OS again. What is "Reset globals"?

jg666

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »

Great to hear that! Thanks! Sounds like I'll have to update the OS again. What is "Reset globals"?

One of the Global options is 'Reset Globals' and it advises to do this every time you update the OS (after you've done the update). This will reset things like Pot Mode etc so make sure you know what settings you have at the moment in Globals before doing it. I know I prefer my Pot Mode to be Pass Thru and it always sets it to Jump after a Reset Globals.

Jilsk

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 04:47:28 PM »
I have had this problem as well. It is good to hear that the OS update fixes it. Where can I find the new OS download?

jg666

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 11:01:57 PM »
I have had this problem as well. It is good to hear that the OS update fixes it. Where can I find the new OS download?

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,1223.0.html

The first post in that link has the download files at the bottom.

Jilsk

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 12:00:02 PM »

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,1223.0.html

The first post in that link has the download files at the bottom.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I am not seeing the download there. Could you be a little more descriptive? Sorry, man.

Thank you.

jg666

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 12:05:57 PM »
See the screenshot I've attached...

Jilsk

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 12:25:52 PM »
Hmm.. I don't see it on my end. Weird. I will get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for the help, bro.

jg666

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 12:30:13 PM »
Strange! What browser are you using? I can see the links in both Firefox and in Safari.

jg666

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 12:47:19 PM »
Also, are you sure you're logged in properly? If I view that page when I'm not logged into the forums I don't see the download links.

Jilsk

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2019, 12:47:56 PM »
Yeah. I needed to log in. I am dumb.

Thank you for the help!

jg666

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 12:51:15 PM »
You're welcome :)