Program Change changes patch but not displayed patch number

Program Change changes patch but not displayed patch number
« on: August 12, 2019, 02:23:01 AM »
Dear All,

I am seeing some unexpected behaviour since updating to 1.1.5.9. When sending program change to the Rev 2 the patch updates as normal, audibly and the patch name changes to the new name, however the patch bank and program number do not change. This has caught me out a few times because if I make changes to the currently loaded program and hit write, it writes to the bank/program displayed, not the currently playing one.

I’m using it in multi mode and PC messages are coming via DIN MIDI, but this worked as expected prior to the update. I can’t see any one else mentioning this so I wonder if anyone else has.

Greg

Re: Program Change changes patch but not displayed patch number
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 03:59:11 AM »
Dear All,

I am seeing some unexpected behaviour since updating to 1.1.5.9. When sending program change to the Rev 2 the patch updates as normal, audibly and the patch name changes to the new name, however the patch bank and program number do not change. This has caught me out a few times because if I make changes to the currently loaded program and hit write, it writes to the bank/program displayed, not the currently playing one.

I’m using it in multi mode and PC messages are coming via DIN MIDI, but this worked as expected prior to the update. I can’t see any one else mentioning this so I wonder if anyone else has.

Greg
Hi Greg. I had the same problem and contacted support some months ago. I have been told that in multimode it is normal behavior.
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 04:36:42 AM »
Ah, ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Greg

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 04:48:12 AM »
Ah, ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Greg
You are welcome!
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice