Now that OB6 FX have been added to the P6, any chance for the Pro2?

sofine

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,97.0.html

I wonder if it is technically feasible, and if so, would ya?

Any ETA (even in terms of yearly quarters) as to when we might see the new Pro2 OS?

Re: Now that OB6 FX have been added to the P6, any chance for the Pro2?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 01:48:37 AM »
I definitely would like to see the Maestro Ring Mod simulation on my Pro2.
As for the others, DSI might say you can make modulation effects by using mod matrix with delays though.

I also very much would like to see the new OS updates. Linear FM may be??
prophet 12, PRO2, mono evolver KB, Hikari Duo, Cobalt5S, Hydrasynth Explorer, microFreak, 0-Coast, 0-CTRL, ensoniq VFX-SD, Kurzweil PC361, Roland V-Synth, SH-4d, JD-XA, TB-3, A-50, KORG 800DV, wavestate, modwave, kaossilator 2, volca nubass/modular, SQ-1, iOS/Mac

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 07:31:33 AM »
I don't think this is an option, since the Pro 2's architecture differs too much. There is no equivalent to the Prophet-6's effect section. The delays are not an effect section in the same sense as they are on the Prophet-6 or OB-6. They are fully embedded in the modulation matrix.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 10:20:06 AM »
Well Phasers, flangers and chorus to a level can be got with the current delays.

You can get half way there for ring mod using AM.

I would have though adding full RM would be a fairly simple addition to the P2 at the DSP level, the UI side of it is another matter.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 11:17:22 AM »
The P6/OB-6 effects cannot be ported into the Pro 2. I can't say exactly when we would release a Pro 2 update, but we hope to be revisiting the OS soon.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:19:23 AM by extempo »
SEQUENTIAL