Paraphonic retriggering

Paraphonic retriggering
« on: August 11, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »
When I'm in unison mode, why doesn't paraphonic retriggering always work when I enable it?

Re: Paraphonic retriggering
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 01:57:28 AM »
I have another unison question - the manual suggests that you can add either 8 or 16 voices depending on the voice mode. However I can only get 4 or 8. Am I doing something wrong?
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
In a layered or split patch polyphony is halved for each layer.  Are you sure this isn’t the case?

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »
Ok so the manual says this:
Mode: 1-8/1-16, Chord—Sets the number of voices stacked together. In
8-voice stereo mode, there are a maximum of 8 voices available. In
16-voice mono mode, there are a maximum of 16 voices available.

However, when I try this, even from an init patch, I get half the voice count mentioned above. Did this change with firmware 2.1?
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »
I'm on the current 2.1.3 beta and I'm not seeing the behavior you're describing.  Starting from a freshly initialized program, in unison I can set unison to anywhere from 1-8 voices.  Enabling 16-voice mode allows me to set unison as high as 16 voices.  As expected, when Stacked is enabled to combine two layers these counts are halved.

I'm fairly certain this has been the case since 1.0.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 08:29:02 PM »
However, when I try this, even from an init patch, I get half the voice count mentioned above. Did this change with firmware 2.1?

This is usually due to a MIDI feedback loop wherein two voices are being triggered by the key event and then the MIDI note.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 06:46:31 AM »
How do you break this feedback loop though?

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 03:14:40 AM »
Solved, thanks cbmd. I dug into the globals and found Multi Mode was on, turning this off allows 8 / 16 voices.