New free soundset: Jeanny's Genius part 5

New free soundset: Jeanny's Genius part 5
« on: August 11, 2019, 01:37:55 PM »
Hey hey, I'd like to announce the release of the "Jeanny's Genius" soundset for the Prophet-12, part 5:
http://juliencoder.de/sound/jeannys_genius-prophet_12-part5.zip
Due to time restrictions, I haven't yet found time to bundle it with the other four banks and import the new patches in the categorised HTML structure. You will however find a comprehensive and simple README with all the necessary info: patch number, name, sound colour, genre, synthesis used, sound type/category and mapped performance controls.
If you'd like to listen to a demo of the set, in a song, There is "Prophetess on holiday":
youtu.be/p_dol1TI13Y
It's a fully produced song. You can find more info on this piece, including the full patch list involved in the music thread.
This is a free soundset and it will remain so, but if you think it's worth it, and can afford it, I'd be greatful for a little token of appreciation.
I am no company so just have a normal PayPal account: jclaassen@gmx.de
More than anything, I hope you like the sounds and get some use out of them.
As with the fourth bank, sounds are roughly organised in blocks of ten:
0-9: acoustic or acoustic-like
10-19: basses
20-29: drums
30-39 big pads, cinematic
40-49: sequenceables (sounds that work well for monophonic or polyphonic sequences/arpeggios)
50-59: leads and solo sounds (the Mini-Twosomeness patch 51 is a double-layer duophonic sound)
60-69: plucks, stabs and other sounds good for short chords
70-79: rhythmic textures and basic grooves (I loved doing the Stptoe and Drum)
80-89: pads and strings
90-99: free-for-all: including drums, acoustic sounds, basses, bell and pads. The suboceanic and space child patches have a shimmer delay, also the Lonely Wanderer (98B) is a really nice acoustic guitar.
Now go forth and make music. :) Best wishes

Re: New free soundset: Jeanny's Genius part 5
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 04:26:25 AM »
I love your patches! Thanks for another bank of goodness  :D
I will donate some money for sure, You deserve it.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 10:01:36 AM »
Thank you Bob. I hope that you'll get some joy out of these patches. I have a feeling there are some more "useable" patches in this bank. Quite a few were specifically designed to record music or imitate sounds of other songs.
Best wishes and thanks again

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »
All Jeanny's Genius banks are now also available through
http://www.audiobombs.com
They had to add the Prophet 12, can you believe it? I did spot some other DSI/Sequential instruments though. :)

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »
Hey hey, I'd like to announce the release of the "Jeanny's Genius" soundset for the Prophet-12, part 5:
Due to time restrictions, I haven't yet found time to bundle it with the other four banks and import the new patches in the categorised HTML structure. You will however find a comprehensive and simple README with all the necessary info: patch number, name, sound colour, genre, synthesis used, sound type/category and mapped performance controls.
If you'd like to listen to a demo of the set, in a song, There is "Prophetess on holiday":
youtu.be/p_dol1TI13Y
It's a fully produced song. You can find more info on this piece, including the full patch list involved in the music thread.
This is a free soundset and it will remain so, but if you think it's worth it, and can afford it, I'd be greatful for a little token of appreciation.
I am no company so just have a normal PayPal account: jclaassen@gmx.de
More than anything, I hope you like the sounds and get some use out of them.
As with the fourth bank, sounds are roughly organised in blocks of ten:
0-9: acoustic or acoustic-like
10-19: basses
20-29: drums
30-39 big pads, cinematic
40-49: sequenceables (sounds that work well for monophonic or polyphonic sequences/arpeggios)
50-59: leads and solo sounds (the Mini-Twosomeness patch 51 is a double-layer duophonic sound)
60-69: plucks, stabs and other sounds good for short chords
70-79: rhythmic textures and basic grooves (I loved doing the Stptoe and Drum)
80-89: pads and strings
90-99: free-for-all: including drums, acoustic sounds, basses, bell and pads. The suboceanic and space child patches have a shimmer delay, also the Lonely Wanderer (98B) is a really nice acoustic guitar.
Now go forth and make music. :) Best wishes

Thanks very much for these.
I create loads of my own sounds on the P12, but I'd have never have come up with some of the sounds on this soundset - some really neat programming.
LOVE that you share them for free too - people like you make owning something as totally awesome as the Prophet 12 even better! :)
Particular favourites are 83: Dead Soul, 80: Dark & Light & 35: Spinguru, so I bought you a pint!
Cheers!  8)

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 11:18:34 PM »
Particular favourites are 83: Dead Soul, 80: Dark & Light & 35: Spinguru, so I bought you a pint!
Cheers!  8)
Thanks a lot both for the pint and the nice comment. I'll be in Yorkshire after the August bank holiday, I'll have it there. :)

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 04:12:01 AM »
Many of your sounds are amazing!

Thank you so much dear @Silvain for sharing your work with us!

Since yesterday I’m also a proud owner of a Prophet 12 Module. I was not sure to buy it because I already own a Pro2 and a Rev2. But friendly people here convinced me to give the P12 a chance.
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3834.0.html

After exploring the factory sounds, I’ve  downloading your patches.  I had so much fun playing around with them and I’ve started to love this synth. Now I’m sure the P12 was a very good purchase !

I just realized that there is also a Part 1-4. I will download these patches later and I’m already curious to discover them.

Thanks a lot, you makes me happy today!
Donation will follow...  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:15:52 AM by Chandro Ji »
DSI Pro2, Prophet 12 and Prophet Rev2 Keyboards, Waldorf Blofeld, Elektron Analog Four, Digitone, Analog Four, Synthstrom Deluge, Roli Seaboard
iPad Pro, Auria Pro, FabFilters, Eventide Blackhole and more great music apps. :)

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 04:32:56 AM »

Thanks Chandro Ji, always glad to be of service. :) It is a great instrument. So very powerful and flexible. Keep on enjoying it.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 04:25:26 AM »
Hey hey,
many apologies, but it appears that the original upload of this soundset was broken, in that only one file contained data at all and it had the wrong bank number.
Thank you to Zac who pointed this out to me. It should now be fixed. Apologies to all who tried downloading and got a disappointment. The download link is the same:
Many apologies again and I hope that you can now properly enjoy the sounds.
Best wishes and have fun,

Jeanette