Simultaneous pad trigger

Simultaneous pad trigger
« on: August 11, 2019, 09:45:06 AM »
Hi, I'm running OS 1.4.3.2 with voice 1.5.
I have noticed that i can't play two or more pads at the same time (manually hitting the pads) (no choke on voices assigned and mutes on). I think with previous OS's this was possible, but maybe I remember wrong.

I did't continue installing the upgrades, because with each new release more bugs were reported by users, so I stop taking care of this.

So, my questions are;

-Is it possible to trigger more than one pad at a time in the Tempest?
-Should I upgrade to the latest OS even if it still has some bugs in it?
-Should I  downgrade to a previous OS that is able to trigger pads at the same time?
-If I downgrade, should I downgrade the voice OS also?

I will appreciate your help! ;)

Re: Simultaneous pad trigger
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 01:11:18 PM »
Why in the world are you using the old OS 1.4.3.2?
Tempest’s final OS is 1.5.0.2 make sure you update..
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,586.0.html
Hi, I'm running OS 1.4.3.2 with voice 1.5.
I have noticed that i can't play two or more pads at the same time (manually hitting the pads) (no choke on voices assigned and mutes on). I think with previous OS's this was possible, but maybe I remember wrong.

I did't continue installing the upgrades, because with each new release more bugs were reported by users, so I stop taking care of this.

So, my questions are;

-Is it possible to trigger more than one pad at a time in the Tempest?
-Should I upgrade to the latest OS even if it still has some bugs in it?
-Should I  downgrade to a previous OS that is able to trigger pads at the same time?
-If I downgrade, should I downgrade the voice OS also?

I will appreciate your help! ;)

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:33:39 PM »
Hi, Yorgos
Thank you for your reply.
The reason why I'm on an previous os version, is because each time  I updated, new bugs were introduced....so I lost my faith and stopped bothering with this. Then I bought some Elektron stuff and concentrate in learning them, leaving my Tempest with this old OS. (By the way, Elektron OS development is incredible, I had no bugs problems at all and they release updates for products for years...even though they have mk2 versions that replace the previous, they do not leave old customers without updates for their mk1's!)

I understand from your answer that the pads can play more than one at the same time, and that this was a bug intruduced at some point with the OS that I have installed.

I will follow your advice, and hope that my Tempest will perform better with the last OS.

Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 01:01:12 AM »
The final OS has addressed many issues and it’s your best bet in terms of stability..Sadly not all bugs have been squashed and we will never see a true bug free update..
Hi, Yorgos
Thank you for your reply.
The reason why I'm on an previous os version, is because each time  I updated, new bugs were introduced....so I lost my faith and stopped bothering with this. Then I bought some Elektron stuff and concentrate in learning them, leaving my Tempest with this old OS. (By the way, Elektron OS development is incredible, I had no bugs problems at all and they release updates for products for years...even though they have mk2 versions that replace the previous, they do not leave old customers without updates for their mk1's!)

I understand from your answer that the pads can play more than one at the same time, and that this was a bug intruduced at some point with the OS that I have installed.

I will follow your advice, and hope that my Tempest will perform better with the last OS.

Thanks again!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 08:17:22 PM »
Hi,

I updated to the last OS and my problem was solved, so thanks again for your support.

Please don't get me wrong. I really love my Tempest, its sounds amazing, has an excellent UI, and Sequential/DSI makes instruments that are special and feel professional. They also have a pretty good custumer service...Carson took care himself for a Tetra and a Mophokey that I send him for some technical service, so I am glad about that also......but I think that this "small" company reached a point were they started releasing more stuff that they can develop, and obviously this growing brand has plenty of space to improve (and people to hire) in the code creation department.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 07:16:48 AM »
Not only in Code department but in Sound Design too...
Been constantly bombarded with user comments thanking me for providing them with bread & butter sounds that should been there in the first place!
1st impression is making a huge difference!