Wood side panels

Cole

Wood side panels
« on: July 31, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »
Did anyone ever find a source for custom side panels?

Cole

Re: Wood side panels
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 05:45:23 PM »

Cole

I would of suggested
https://www.gmusynth.com/
but appears from the news section that they have stopped taking orders since December 2017.
I sent them an email enquiry recently regarding Moog Sub Phatty side panels but received no reply.
They would of been the ones to contact .
Good luck.
Tim

Cole

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »

Cole

I would of suggested
https://www.gmusynth.com/
but appears from the news section that they have stopped taking orders since December 2017.
I sent them an email enquiry recently regarding Moog Sub Phatty side panels but received no reply.
They would of been the ones to contact .
Good luck.

I bought from them years ago and it took months to fill the order.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 10:04:19 PM »
Hi Cole,

You could try contacting Wavewoodcraft.
https://www.facebook.com/wavewoodcraft/?ref=hl

If you do contact them, let us know how it goes.

Cole

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 05:01:03 AM »
I have once before. No luck.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »
Such simple panels. Surely you can commission some local woodcrafter to make you a pair? I'd almost bet that someone could make themselves a pair for next to nothing, just have to have a couple VERY minor wood working tools. Trees are everywhere. If i were so inclined, I'd just go buy a board of the right thickness, use a table or jig saw, some sandpaper and a drill... done and done. Not sure youd even need a router, as you would with the foogers. Tempest sides dont have an inset. Matching sides anyhow, just stack them to compare and sand. Factory panels look great to me, so I havent bothered.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 06:59:36 PM »
Usa sourced walnut, 100% tung oil finish. Hand cut, hand sanded, and made in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina. Same thickness as stock panels in pictures. The smallest bit larger, so its easy to mindlessly rub the edges and sides. Walnut darkens and looks good with age imho. I use lemon oil on my older pieces, long after the tung oil has set into the wood and cured. These things are SLICK! Im biased as I made them and sanded the crud out of them, but tis no lie... Feels so much better and looks great in compare to the stockers. I can make more of them, if anyone is interested..
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 07:07:21 PM by Shanesplanet »

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 07:55:20 PM »

Cole
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 05:10:19 AM »

Cole

I enjoy doing some woodworking on the side,
Check out a few of the panels I’ve made

https://youtu.be/DDT7FtU-YnU
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

Jonas

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 05:59:31 AM »
I picked up some scrap wood from behind a woodworking shop and made a pair and painted them white to match the rest of my Tempest makeover.   I'm definitely more handy with mechanical tools than woodworking and just horrible with carpentry, but it worked out great.  I keep the old end cheeks stored in the flight case in case I ever want to revert back to the original look.
DSI/Pioneer: |Tempest|PRO 2|PRO '08|OB-6|MonoEvolverKeys|MophoKeys|Toraiz AS-1|SP-16|
Oberheim: |DMX|DPX-1|Matrix 1000|

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 01:02:00 PM »
I picked up some scrap wood from behind a woodworking shop and made a pair and painted them white to match the rest of my Tempest makeover.   I'm definitely more handy with mechanical tools than woodworking and just horrible with carpentry, but it worked out great.  I keep the old end cheeks stored in the flight case in case I ever want to revert back to the original look.

Wow! A white tempest! That looks so nice especially with those white caps. Good stuff dude!

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 02:41:50 AM »
painted them white to match the rest of my Tempest makeover.

X-Mas Tempest!Nice ;)