Rev2 midi receiving problem

Rev2 midi receiving problem
« on: July 30, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
Hi!  :)

Sorry if this topic have already been discuss somewhere else...

I have a problem with my Prophet Rev2 desktop. I just turned it on the other day and this is what happennig :

When I'm in Multimode, the first layer is not recieving midi anymore (even with internal sequencer) but the second layer does.

When I turn off the multimode, if the stack layer button is on only the second layer plays and not the first one and when I turn the stack button off the first layer is playing...

It doesn't change anything if the in midi chanel is set to: "All" or "1", "2", "3",... I have tried them all :-(

I have tried to reboot, change the midi cable, change the sequencer or the keys (usually I use a Beatstep Pro or the keyboard of my Yamah DX21), update de firmware, reset the global parameters, recalibrate the beast but nothing seems to work...  :-[

Does anyone have an idea on what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help  ;)

Re: Rev2 midi receiving problem
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »
Hi!  :)

Sorry if this topic have already been discuss somewhere else...

I have a problem with my Prophet Rev2 desktop. I just turned it on the other day and this is what happennig :

When I'm in Multimode, the first layer is not recieving midi anymore (even with internal sequencer) but the second layer does.

When I turn off the multimode, if the stack layer button is on only the second layer plays and not the first one and when I turn the stack button off the first layer is playing...

It doesn't change anything if the in midi chanel is set to: "All" or "1", "2", "3",... I have tried them all :-(

I have tried to reboot, change the midi cable, change the sequencer or the keys (usually I use a Beatstep Pro or the keyboard of my Yamah DX21), update de firmware, reset the global parameters, recalibrate the beast but nothing seems to work...  :-[

Does anyone have an idea on what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help  ;)

Do you only use the second stereo output? I think that is the problem.

Re: Rev2 midi receiving problem
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »
 :) :) :)Thank you so much! that was it...

It was just plugged in the wrong output, you never think about the basics problems first ;-)