Unison chord mode "in a scale?"

Unison chord mode "in a scale?"
« on: July 26, 2019, 12:20:13 AM »
Is it possible to place the Rev2 in chord mode in a set scale? I don't imagine so, but thought I'd ask in case or if anyone has a similar solution.

For example, if I set the scale to g major and record a g major chord pressing unison. Then if I press g it'll be a g major, a an a minor, b a b minor, c a c major, etc.

Not sure how it would work for out of scale chords, but it seems like something like this could be possible.

Re: Unison chord mode "in a scale?"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 08:16:39 AM »
Not on the Rev 2 alone. You could with a software/probably some piece of external gear

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:39:16 AM »
I can think of a way to "fake" it, but I haven't tested the idea.

You would have to create an alternate tuning in your selected key and load it through a tuning SysEx.  In your example, you would create a 7-note scale, eliminating C♯, D♯, F, G♯, A♯.  The keyboard layout would be disrupted... Playing a chromatic scale would produce a diatonic scale in the key of G.

When programming the unison, you would hold down three keys separated by apparent whole steps.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 07:59:37 AM »
I have an idea for you.

In stacked mode, use Layer A to play the root and 5th of the chord. User Layer B to play the 3rd of the chord, and set the mod wheel to control Layer B's osc freq by 1 semitone. That way you can switch between major and minor chords easily.