Arpeggiator question on Prophet-6- will it play this?

Arpeggiator question on Prophet-6- will it play this?
« on: July 25, 2019, 12:37:25 PM »
On the Prophet-6, do you use the Arpeggiator in Assign mode? If so, can you play the following and have it play?
With "Hold" on so it keeps going
A B C E G E G E (Duran Duran riff not that I am a Duranny).
or does it decide not to play the last 3 notes back at you?

In other words, will it play the same note twice and what operating system do you have?

Mine does on my P-6 with OS 1.4.0 but my OB-6 won't on OS 1.5.5 and it bugs me.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my P6 does not yet have the stuff in the OS for sending notes over MIDI. If I update it, I don't want to lose the above note repeating functionality.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:01:25 PM by DaveP6guy »
Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.

Re: Arpeggiator question on Prophet-6- will it play this?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 07:38:45 AM »
Is there anyone out there?
Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 07:48:44 AM »
Hello, and the answer is no. It won't do A B C E G E G E, It just do A B C E G E. But you can totally program that on the sequencer. Also, my OS is 1.6.2

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »

Mine does on my P-6 with OS 1.4.0 but my OB-6 won't on OS 1.5.5 and it bugs me.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my P6 does not yet have the stuff in the OS for sending notes over MIDI. If I update it, I don't want to lose the above note repeating functionality.

One of the things I appreciate about the DSI/Sequential current generation is that system updates are not "one-way" like in many electronic widgets. You can basically update your synth to any operating system version at any time.
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments